3D Sonic the Hedgehog injecting for other 3D genesis games?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by eskinner3742, Mar 28, 2016.

1. eskinner3742
    OP

eskinner3742 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2016
    United States
    So, I've seen that people were able to successfully inject Genesis roms into 3D Sonic the Hedgehog and basically make Genesis VC games.

So this is really cool. Yeah, support is really finicky but I am curious as to whether or not one could use an extracted rom from one of these 3D genesis games as a template to edit one of the injectable games to support the 3D effect seen in the other games. Like GOLDEN AXE!!! WHICH SEGA NEEDS TO FREAKING DO!!!!

2. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    They were actually injected into 3D Sonic 2, not the first one.
    The ROMs aren't edited. The emulator is doing the 3D job.

3. eskinner3742
    OP

eskinner3742 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2016
    United States
    Probably would be hard to mod the emulator to work with a certain ROMs But this does interest me, I mean, streets of rage and golden axe are very similar in terms of game layout. Possibly injecting Golden Axe to 3D Streets of Rage with some editing to the emulators code that does the 3D effect could result in 3D Golden Axe.

It's something I'd like to look into a bit more. I'll have to do a dump of my 3D sonic 2 and SoR to investigate.

4. gothicall

gothicall Blah blah blah!

Apr 29, 2010
    Colombia
    Show me please.

5. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Search for "genesis inject" at that ISO site.

eskinner3742 likes this.