Gaming 3D Pokedex No Pokemon Downloading.

keasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My kids 3DS's both have 130 Pokemon and don't seem to be downloading any more.

They leave their 3DS's on spot pass whenever not actually playing, but it's been almost 2 weeks since they received any new ones. The connection is fine I've tested that, it's set up to allow new Pokemon, wireless is on etc.

It's my understanding that there is 150 for the 3D Pokedex is that correct ? They currently have 130.
Any ideas why they are not receiving new Pokemon ?

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Go into the 3DS settings, set your day one day forward, you should receive the next set of Pokemon and switch back to today's date so tomorrow you shall also receive your Pokemons.

I've experienced this before. Hopefully it should work. =)

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There's 152 unique pokémon, but the alternate forms for each species also count as unique entries, such as the 4 season forms for deerling and sawsbuck, and the male/female forms of jellicent and frillish, and the red/blue stripe forms of basculin. As well as the normal/zen modes for darumaka.

So really there's 160+ pokémon in the completed pokédex, but the game seems to have a way of only allowing the player to download one of each of many of these forms, relying on encountering other pokédex 3d players with the data they're missing.

It sucks man.

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Afaik you can download all the unique pokemon and only one of the species who have multiple forms. So basically you may only download (for example) Sawsbuck summer form and the rest maintain locked for you. Those other forms you can only get by trading it with people who have downloaded that version. Same goes for the other forms. But other than that, you should be able to get atleast 1 version per pokemon.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
keasy said:
Thanks guys.

Appreciated.
Did it work?
tongue.gif

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm at 151/151, without any trading- Do you have the first 10 plus Zekrom and Reshiram? They're not available through spotpass, you have to point your camera at this thread! http://gbatemp.net/t296139-pokedex-3ds-ar-markings-thread - also getting the shadow of every one you're missing increases your chance of getting that Pokemon (by 'shadow' I mean that any AR codes for pokes you're missing will come up as a shadow when you scan them- to start scanning press start when using pokedex- then you will be more likely to recieve them.)

A lot of effort went into this problem very quickly the day it came out, I hope it helps!

Reason for edit- I was very unclear

keasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Weaselpipe said:
I'm at 151/151, without any trading- Do you have the first 10 plus Zekrom and Reshiram? They're not available through spotpass, you have to point your camera at this thread! http://gbatemp.net/t296139-pokedex-3ds-ar-markings-thread - also getting the shadow of every one you're missing increases your chance of getting that Pokemon (by 'shadow' I mean that any AR codes for pokes you're missing will come up as a shadow when you scan them- to start scanning press start when using pokedex- then you will be more likely to recieve them.)

A lot of effort went into this problem very quickly the day it came out, I hope it helps!

Reason for edit- I was very unclear

That worked.
they got 5 straight away. Still to scan all of them more carefully for them.
thank you, thank you, thank you.

And thanks to everyone who offered help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse