3D Classics: Kid Icarus not working on EmuNAND 9.5?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Codename, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Codename
    OP

Codename GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO

Feb 21, 2012
    Canada
    I redeemed my Club Nintendo points for 3D Classics: Kid Icarus and I downloaded it onto my EmuNAND. For some reason, it hangs on black screens after the 3DS logo shows. I can go to the Home Menu and I've tried booting the game numerous times, but it always hangs. I know it's not my SD Card because I downloaded games like SM3DL, NSMB2, DKCR3D, and Brain Age: Concentration Training, and they all work fine. I've tried repairing 3D Classics: Kid Icarus via the eShop to no avail. Anyone have any ideas what the problem is? BTW, my SysNAND (4.2) and EmuNAND (9.5) are unlinked, so I can't try out 3D Classics: Kid Icarus on my SysNAND. It might help to say that I don't actually have a 3DS-mode flashcard. Do the 3D Classics titles not work on EmuNAND, similar to how DSiWare and the Ambassador GBA games don't work on EmuNAND?

2. Codename
    OP

Feb 21, 2012
    Canada
    bump please?

3. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    I have this downloaded from my Kid Icarus pre-order and it's still working in emuNAND just fine. I did have this installed in sysNAND before creating emuNAND though so that's the only difference I can think of between our two configurations.

4. Codename
    OP

Feb 21, 2012
    Canada
    Do you have the Gateway card inserted when you launch 3D Classics Kid Icarus?

5. Maximilious

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    I'd also mention that cia's installed in emuNAND CAN NOT have the same title ID as a different title installed on the system, it will cause both of them to stop working. Case in point - I can't play my eShop Shovel Knight if I have NES remix CIA installed. NES Remix shows the same issue you have where it goes black screen, and Shovel Knight errors when I try to open it. I removed NES Remix through data management and it removed my Shovel Knight icon as well. In the end I had to restore my emuNAND, but thankfully I hadn't lost much as I only install small time CIA's and keep the big games on the microSD for GW.

6. Maximilious

Nov 21, 2014
    United States

Yes, GW card stays inserted in system. Seems like a title issue, check in BigBlueMenu for any conflicting title menus or you can check this site to see if any games you have share a title (this goes for all regions which is where the conflict usually exists):

http://3ds.essh.co/