Hardware 360 Slim HDD size recommended AND anywhere thats sells cheap!

phoenix1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As in the title really, are they like lappy HDD's where manufacturer makes a difference or what? i'm totaly clueless! if not then i would like peeps reco's on where to find a cheap one, i aint looking for super sized, 120GB/260GB would suit, actually even a 40GB would suit for the time being me thinks :-/

all advice greatly recieved :-)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can hack certain drives with dumped HDDSS.bin's from official drives to work inside a 360.

Their exactly the same as regular 2.5 inch HDD's but they have a special security sector written to it that locks them out for use in a 360.

The only HDD sizes available to the 360 are 20,60,120,250,320 GB
These sectors are dumped and can be written to any (equal sized WD Scorpio blue) 2.5 inch HDD.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To bad you didn't buy if from Gamestation when the sale was going on. The prices were fairly low. I'm guessing you don't have a jtag/rgh 360 so using only the above sizes would work well. At any rate try to find out if there are any decent deals for a used one else by a 360 hard drive enclosure and a hard drive of one of the recommend sizes listed above.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Used HDD's are probably the best option for OP indeed.

If OP where to hack the HDD, OP also needs to restore the Xbox compability partition and the Emulator.
Which can be fairly tricky

Supernova741

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I bought a prety cheap hdd a while ago. Will look if I can track the website, caus I forgot what it was. Will let you know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE