360 Platformers

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Mars, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Mars
    OP

Mars Radioactive Propaganda Minister

Dec 19, 2006
    United States
    I was thinking of buying a 360 instead of a wii, but then I realized that the 360 has a serious lack of platformers. Are there any platformers for the Xbox 360?

2. .TakaM

.TakaM .II

Oct 8, 2004
    New Zealand
    crackdown is kind of a platformer, the best part of it is running and jumping

3. Sc4rFac3d

Sc4rFac3d GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jul 30, 2005
    Netherlands
    Kameo and viva pinata are both nice, and cheap too nowadays. [​IMG] But I guess viva pinata doesn't really count as a platformer.

4. Mars
    OP

Mars Radioactive Propaganda Minister

Dec 19, 2006
    United States
    Thx for the replies, but I decided to not purchase a 360. Platformers are my favorite type of games and 360 barely has any.

5. lastdual

lastdual Newbie

Honestly, platformers are pretty rare on ALL the new systems, especially good ones.

You can count on Nintendo for a few great first-party games (mostly starring an Italian plumber), Sony will probably have another good Ratchet & Clank title, and perhaps MS will get something besides Kameo from Rare (if they get the new Banjo game right)... But the fact is platform games have been growing scarce ever since the end of the 16-bit era. In the GC/PS2/XBOX generation there wasn't ANY system with more than five A+ platform titles, if that.

Unless you count the Virtual Console, just don't expect a large number of good platformers on any current console.

6. suprneb

suprneb GBAtemp Regular

Apr 14, 2007
    United States
    wuts a platformer?

all i know is that the halo and GoW series rock

7. dice

dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

Former Staff
    Oct 26, 2002
    England