360 Oven Reflow

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by ZombiePosessor, Sep 16, 2010.

Sep 16, 2010

360 Oven Reflow by ZombiePosessor at 6:45 PM (1,584 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. ZombiePosessor
    OP

Member ZombiePosessor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm going to attempt an Oven Reflow of a friend's 360, with a fucking 0200 error code, pretty much hopeless. I've done the x-clamp trick, and everything else I can think of, I had it green lighting for about half an hour, and then it just RROD'd again with same 0200 error code, so reflowing is the only option I have, as I don't have an air gun and don't want to spend money on it.

I'm using this guide to do it, but I do not understand some things. For one, they say "Cello tape" which I don't know what the fuck that is, in the USA. Is it just cellophane tape? Like scotch tape? If it is, then I'm good to go, could one of you Europeans help me out here? Is sellotape just scotch tape here in the states?

2. hundshamer

Member hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    By the looks of the pics and some google "cello tape" is Scotch-Tape.

"Cellotape (1 word) is a misspelling of Sellotape, the main British brand of sticky-tape.
    Contrary to previous posts, it is never, ever spelled with a C.

Cello Tape (2 words) may mean 'cello tapes.' Usually a band of electric tape is places in a certain position under the strings on the fingerboard. It's used to mark the location of a fingering for people who are inexperienced players." - Wiki Answers.

If you look at the pics he wraps them in clear plastic tape.

3. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Sellotape http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sellotape When many people use the term Sellotape, most use in a generic way to refer to see through tape that you use on parcels etc. It's not that often people actually use Sellotape branded tape.

4. hundshamer

Member hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    It's the same in the US. The only difference is in the UK the name brand is Sellotape where here it is Scotch tape. We call it Scotch tape even if it is a generic cellulose tape.

5. ZombiePosessor
    OP

Member ZombiePosessor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    alright, awesome, thanks guys [​IMG]

6. mrmilkman

Newcomer mrmilkman Member

Antarctica
    I bought a RROD Xbox360 and just did the washer fix, just replacing the X clamps with nylon washers etc. And the Xbox has been going fine for a couple of months now.
    I was thinking of putting it in an oven to reflow it, as I fixed my laptop like this 4 or 5 months ago and it worked great, but I thought I'd give the washers a go first as it seems to fix the problems that the x-clamps may cause with the board flexing etc...and so far its been great!