360 or wii

which should i get

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wii

• i'm really leaning towards the Wii becuase it's alot cheaper, but then again the wii wont have Nfl 2

• Total voters

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You're going to have a lot of smartasses voting the third option.
wink.gif
Like me.

I'm going to get a 360 soon but have been very happy with my Wii.
I see them as both (and even later the PS3) being fairly essential purchases for myself at some point though.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
If there are at least theee games you want for the 360, by all means, get the 360.

Honestly, we bought a 360 and crackdown to play the halo 3 beta. We got bored really fast. The other games on it really aren't my cup of tea. I regret my half of the purchase.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
gears of war, lost planet, oblivion, burnout revenge, top spin 2, GTA 4, Naruto, Assassin's Creed, Alan Wake, Tenchu, Halo 3, Fable 2, Elveon, Haze, Crysis, The Elder Scrolls 5, mass effect, too human, DMC4, RE5, timeshift, the darkness, bioshock, Stranglehold, shadowrun, forza motorsport 2, katamari, two worlds, new medal of honor.

versus

Zelda TP, super smash bros brawl, metroid prime 3, and hmm... mario football, mario kart, mario tennis, mario galaxy, mario this, mario that... ?

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah all those games you listed Costello aren't going to run on a 360 for very long. You'll get the 3rlod before you can say Grand Theft Auto 4.

Plus most of those games for the 360 are what I refer to as "hype" and don't offer any long-lasting appeal. Sure Live! is ok, but it's costly and you can't run backups on it anymore. Games for 360 are $60 and most don't even have split screen multiplayer.

The Wii however is awesome for Smash Brawl along with the pricetag, fun factor, modability, and complete Gamecube backwards compatibility. Emulators for the Gamecube, Smash for the Wii, Smash for the Cube, Mario Kart for the Wii, Mario Kart for the Cube, Zelda for the Wii, Zelda for the Cube... You can't lose with a wii.

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gears of war, lost planet, oblivion, burnout revenge, top spin 2, GTA 4, Naruto, Assassin's Creed, Alan Wake, Tenchu, Halo 3, Fable 2, Elveon, Haze, Crysis, The Elder Scrolls 5, mass effect, too human, DMC4, RE5, timeshift, the darkness, bioshock, Stranglehold, shadowrun, forza motorsport 2, katamari, two worlds, new medal of honor.

versus

Zelda TP, super smash bros brawl, metroid prime 3, and hmm... mario football, mario kart, mario tennis, mario galaxy, mario this, mario that... ?

Can you tell he's xbox mad?

Check these two essential games list:
Wii - http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=48431
Xbox360 - http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=51432

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Get both, that's what I did. I do have to say xbox 360 has better games at the moment, but the 360 tends to break down faster. My 360 got the 3 red lights after 7 months of use. I had to change out the fans, take out the x clamps, and put arctic silver to fix it. But it was all worth it.
biggrin.gif

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get both, that's what I did. I do have to say xbox 360 has better games at the moment, but the 360 tends to break down faster. My 360 got the 3 red lights after 7 months of use. I had to change out the fans, take out the x clamps, and put arctic silver to fix it. But it was all worth it.
biggrin.gif

cant go wrong with getting both
wub.gif

square

The Professor
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Half of these titles are still in pre-production/ early production ( So wait for a price drop) and secondly alot of these games are sequels that I find are getting worse and worse.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
some of the games I listed for both consoles are in early production;
only 13 out of the 29 games I mentionned are sequels ("getting worse and worse" is your opinion, if you think Oblivion is worse than Morrowind that's er... tragic)
the thing is, I got a 360 and a Wii.. I was much more of a wii fanboy back in the early wii days. It's just that I prefer my 360 now
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
Yeah all those games you listed Costello aren't going to run on a 360 for very long. You'll get the 3rlod before you can say Grand Theft Auto 4.

Plus most of those games for the 360 are what I refer to as "hype" and don't offer any long-lasting appeal. Sure Live! is ok, but it's costly and you can't run backups on it anymore. Games for 360 are $60 and most don't even have split screen multiplayer.

The Wii however is awesome for Smash Brawl along with the pricetag, fun factor, modability, and complete Gamecube backwards compatibility. Emulators for the Gamecube, Smash for the Wii, Smash for the Cube, Mario Kart for the Wii, Mario Kart for the Cube, Zelda for the Wii, Zelda for the Cube... You can't lose with a wii.
* "3rlod": no comment.
* ..."hype" and don't offer any long-lasting appeal: er.. okay... ..... I'm sorry but I don't know what else to say besides "I disagree" on that one. Most games do offer, in my opinion, "long lasting appeal" as you say.
* I'm not saying the 360 is perfect or that the wii sucks, I'm only saying that if I were in his position my decision would be made already. Objectively, the 360 has got more good titles coming than the wii... if you disagree, prove me wrong
huh.gif

* a lot of people can still use the XBOX live with a modded console (fortunately that includes me and all my friends)
* you can't run backups on it anymore. Games for 360 are $60 and most don't even have split screen multiplayer: you can run backups, and most games do have a split screen multiplayer.

Do you own an Xbox 360, Tomboboboo? if you do, I don't know how you can be telling people such lies...

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Just a quick question, why is GTA a console seller? I usually play those games on the PC, wouldn't imagine playing "crippled" versions (read : un-moddable so you can't add new cars or models or skins, can't add MP3s as your radio station, and IIRC, MICROPAYMENTS? More like "please boycott my game, Hitto!")

@aslacker : softmod?

I think overall, it's better to get a wii if you have "meatspace" friends (even though I'm hooked to mario football,
tongue.gif
to costello
wink.gif
) because the games appeal to really anyone, just like they advertised. Girlfriend, parents, casual and non-gamers, etc.

But if you're a hardcore gamer and don't have a PC (the situation boggles my mind as a cheap 300$ PC can run any new game for the moment... Except halo 2 on vista, lol), the 360 will have a solid offering for you. Keep in mind you have to love shooting games to love the 360. (shooting games on the wii, on the other hand, SUCK.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: