360 Modding Questions

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by XxTRIFORCExX, May 12, 2007.

May 12, 2007

360 Modding Questions by XxTRIFORCExX at 12:59 PM (1,447 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. XxTRIFORCExX
    OP

Banned XxTRIFORCExX Banned

United Kingdom
    I want to mod my 360 but have a few questions. Has anyone been banned from Xbox Live due to a Flashed 360 or Chipped 360? Also is there any way to play back-upped games on Xbox Live (Assuming you can get banned). Thanks.

2. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    AFAIK no one has been banned for playing backups online or even having a flashed drive online.
    You can play backups online.
    There is always a chance that people will start getting banned, but like I say I haven't heard of any so far, even after the new spring update which was meant to include a feature for detecting backups.
    So long as you keep up to date with the drive firmware it should be ok.

3. MillionsKnives

Member MillionsKnives GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Can you really play with backups over Xbox Live? You couldn't even do that with the original Xbox if I remember correctly... could be wrong though since I never wanted to try it for myself and only read about it on the Xbox-Scene forums numerous times.

If you can play with backups over XBL, then I'll be grabbing a 360 as soon as the drop the price, which is hopefully soon.

EDIT: After quickly searching on google for playing 360 backups on XBL, it seems you are right and as of right now you can. I know that Microsoft just released the big Spring 2007 XBL update, so I wonder if that has had any effect on this at all.

4. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    no it didnt, i can still play my backups on xbox live wihout a problem.

5. Qpido

Member Qpido Call me Q.

Netherlands
    I also have no problems with playing my backups.
    Best thing I ever did was modding my 360 [​IMG].

Q~

6. Glacius0

Member Glacius0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Sorry to hijack the thread with my question but..I'm currently living in Japan and 360's are cheap as hell here (near half the price compared to europe). Are there any problems purchasing and modding a Japanese 360 and then playing American games? Will xbox live connect to Japanese servers or be entirely in Japanese?

Edit: I should mention it's mainly meant for use when I'm back home (the Netherlands) if I were to buy one. Having a great time here so I don't need a home console [​IMG] My DS is plenty. Bedankt [​IMG]

7. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    All the mod does is allow backups to be played, it doesn't get around the region coding. Some games don't have region coding though.

You can access other regions XBL content but MS are trying to stop this, the spring update was meant to stop it but it didn't. If you are trying to play against people on XBL then it doesn't matter because its a worldwide system.

I'm not sure how to setup another region XBL account there are guides out there somewhere but you can't change an existing account.

8. Glacius0

Member Glacius0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Thanks. Sounds like I don't want to be buying a Japanese xbox 360 since I don't want to be stuck with Japanese game releases.

9. XxTRIFORCExX
    OP

Banned XxTRIFORCExX Banned

United Kingdom
    Ok thanks, I'm going to get my 360 flashed as soon as the Halo 3 Beta ends [​IMG].

10. spas

Member spas GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I've gotta say this is the 7th gen console exploit of the century in some ways. What is it with microsoft and everyone always finding a way circumvent the protection. With all these new firmware updates for the 360 its going to be interesting year. I personally don't think the 360 hardware even has the ability to read the firmware on the dvd drive and they will never have a solution for the "problem" for the mean time everyone can happily play backups on XBL.

So how do you people rate the flashing process?

Risky
    Challanging
    Pretty Simple
    Easy as a Ubuntu install

Edit:
    I need a 2nd sig for the 360 \/

11. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    Rumour was with the new update that they would start banning from live. Commodore4evar made xtreme firmware 5.3 so it did a jitter check. No ones been banned yet buy Microsoft could just be collecting information and getting ready to do a mass ban.