321K Vita sold first 2 days in Japan

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Not shocking. The Vita has got a lot of attention in Japan (and potential).

Let's not talk about the 3DS. It should somewhat sell better because of Tri G's recent release and the lower price.

And iPhone 4. Wtf? Not 4S?

Reactions: 1 person

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's actually a bit surprising to see that the Vita didn't sell as much as the 3DS in the same time span considering the Vita's launch lineup is so much better than what Nintendo had to offer.

geesee

Trophies
Website
don't have one
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's actually a bit surprising to see that the Vita didn't sell as much as the 3DS in the same time span considering the Vita's launch lineup is so much better than what Nintendo had to offer.
\

\the ppl in japan are far more interested in nintendo stuff then for sony... no offence but thats a fact... i like them both :P

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
That's a matter of opinion.
Nintendo has a better reputation for handheld gaming devices than Sony, so that would explain the sales difference.
I don't really understand why everyone is so fussed about first days sales.
They don't show which product is better or anything like that.
It's information that's only important to the developers and producers, not the consumers.

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
321K + holidays + good launch line up = wtf?
I was expecting way more than that, it's still good but...maybe overhyped like always?

EDIT : Now I hope Sony can keep thoses sales high, but January don't looks that good.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I was expecting way more than that, it's still good but...maybe overhyped like always?
Why whine? It's not like it only sold 10 sets. It sold 321K. That's already very good, a very large number.

BTW- (I hate to mention the 3DS here but) It only lost to the 3DS by 50K, which is largely backed up by Monster Hunter.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
the number of ppl who wanted/liked it were few but they were so loud and seen often that someone like me thought hey, so many ppl. 3ds was a silent killer and is known for its rep.
i think the economy has become worse than it was at 3ds launch

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well I want both handhelds to sell really good, so it can kill the "Nintendo/Sony need to go 3rd party" troller.
Competitions is good too, look at the 3DS price drop.

Reactions: 1 person

mad_gamer_jad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just throwing it out there,it'll sell much more in the West.
Most of the vita titles appeal a lot more to western audiences(Uncharted,Fifa,that SOCOM shooter,UMvC 3,etc...)
Still some pretty good numbers in Japan,but no real Killer app like the 3DS has there

Mario264

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why whine? It's not like it only sold 10 sets. It sold 321K. That's already very good, a very large number.

BTW- (I hate to mention the 3DS here but) It only lost to the 3DS by 50K, which is largely backed up by Monster Hunter.

The 3DS didn't launch with MH though, in fact it hardly launched with anything! :P Correct me if I am wrong but didn't MH on 3DS only get announced a while after the 3DS launched?

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

The 3DS didn't launch with MH though, in fact it hardly launched with anything! :P Correct me if I am wrong but didn't MH on 3DS only get announced a while after the 3DS launched?
Wait, the 3DS has Monster Hunter?
I thought that doesn't come out until next year...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr