320 gb hard drive need help

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by soopa, Aug 20, 2009.

Aug 20, 2009

320 gb hard drive need help by soopa at 4:16 PM (1,047 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. soopa
    OP

Member soopa GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Now I just bought a 320 gb maxtor hard drive to use with Usbloader gx. Had a 200 gb but sold it.
    So I format the hard drive with WBFS-GUI and everytime it says "this hard drive is not removeable" but lets me format anyways.
    when I hook it up to the wii and start usbloader gx it always says "waiting for your slow USB device" and never lets me get to choose a game.

What could be the problem with this hard drive? Not compatible? Just plain garbage?

2. Dharmaboy

Newcomer Dharmaboy Advanced Member

Canada
    Hey dude,
    I think the issue is the HD size. I think USB Loader has a size limit issue........(last time I checked). Max HD space it can handle is 300 Gigs on the dot. Unless the new Rev past 709 have fixed this. I use a 120Gig drive

Can someone confirm this for me?

3. jabmaster2

Member jabmaster2 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Um no it has nothing to do with size. There wasn't a limit unless ur talking about a long tome ago with USB loader 1.2 or something with 500gb limit.300gb? Btw I have a 1tb with 750gb partiton USB loader gx rev 660 or something. It's probably a problem with the drive compatibilty. Try reformatting it to raw with ur computer and then let gx reformat it with wbfs. Also have u tried wbfs manager 3.0.1 by Alex dp

4. zektor

Member zektor GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Try a better loader. I tested newer versions of GX and they all did this with my drive(s)....while some very old version of the same app works just fine. Try Configurable USB Loader.

5. Dharmaboy

Newcomer Dharmaboy Advanced Member

Canada
    I stand corrected. Thanks again for clearing that up for me.

BTW can i ghost my games from one drive to another if I wanted to go to a larger drive? Would that work?

6. jabmaster2

Member jabmaster2 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Wbfs manager has a clone drive button that is suppsoe copy from one drive to another. Never tried it though

7. KirovAir

Member KirovAir Dutch Alcoholic Programmer

Netherlands
    Lol, you should do some homework before giving stupid answers.

8. soopa
    OP

Member soopa GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Thanks for the help guys but im still getting the same error "this hard disk is not removable" whats that mean?
    i can use a 32 gb usb stick and it dont give me this error same with a 2gb and 4gb