Accessing Nintendo Video on UK/US 3DS (Simple)

Hey guys.. The DNS spoofing thing didnt work on my computer so I found an easier way to access Nintendo Video on my 3DS.

You will need:
1) A 3DS
biggrin.gif

2) Nintendo Video Application
3) Built-in Wifi on your PC/Laptop OR one of those wifi dongle devices
4) Windows 7 OR For WinXP:Software from your wifi device manufacturer that allows you to make your Wifi device into a router (SoftAP)
5) Tunnelbear

I dont have Win7 so this might require a little trial and error on your part. I tried this on WinXP

----
Download Tunnelbear and create an account. Tunnelbear allows you to hide your location and make websites think you are actually in the US or the UK.

When installing Tunnelbear on XP, a system dialog will popup asking you if you wish to continue with the installation. Press continue.

After installing Tunnelbear, you will have two new network connections in your Network Connections folder. One is for the UK, the other for US. You will soon find out which is which so don't worry about that.

TunnelBear-screenshot-1.jpg

This is what you will see when Tunnelbear is open. Flick the right hand switch to where your DS is from and flick the left hand switch to turn on Tunnelbear.

TunnelBear-screenshot-2.jpg

This is how it would look like if your using a US 3DS. When Tunnelbear connects, one of the network connections that was installed will automatically connect.

Now all you have to do is active the SoftAP option on your Wifi device and instead of sharing your internet connection, point it to the tunnelbear network connection.

Viola! Now connect with your 3DS and switch on the video application. It will connect and believe that it is in the US/UK.

Remember that Tunnelbear only gives you 500mb free per month. So if you want to use it again then switch off Tunnelbear after you have done downloading the videos.

----

This might sound a little confusing but I tried my best to explain
biggrin.gif

Reactions: Margen67

chemistryfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks going to try it out now~

OMG!!! it works!!! Thanks so much for this!
100% Works when i use my laptop USB router.

Also tried connectify, somehow it doesn't work.

ameerh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
@Chemistryfreak: Yay for me
biggrin.gif

@mezut360: I suppose it would work... but i havent used connectify so i cant say for sure

ameerh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
It doesnt really matter which country your in because Tunnelbear fools the website into believing your in the US/UK. Im in Pakistan and I've used Hulu, Netflix and Nintendo Video.. all website that lock content to only US internet users.

hajoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Now all you have to do is active the SoftAP option on your Wifi device and instead of sharing your internet connection, point it to the tunnelbear network connection.

please explain about it.how can i active softap and point ... . sorry i'm amature

ameerh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
@Hajoo: Well if your wifi device has some proprietary software running in the taskbar, try rightclicking on it to see if you have a softap option. The best way is to go to the device manufacturers website and see if they have their own proprietary softap software

chemistryfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
meganoob said:
So does this mean that you don't have to download the files to the computer first?

Yes. You just have to install TunnelBear, set-up a wireless AP in your PC using a USB router and hook-up your 3DS to it and u can start downloading the videos~

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
if i'm right about this, this particular solution requires that your 3DS connect to the computer, and not the router. because the tunneller application (Tunnelbear) runs off of your computer, and it makes specific settings that enable you to connect to the Nintendo servers. your router connects directly to the internet with its own settings, so you can't use it.

if therey's anybody who knows better, feel free to correct me.

EDIT: i must say, this method is definitely much easier, removing the necessity to download and serve videos yourself, although that option is still very viable if you wanna distribute videos locally.

Guimac09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tried this tutorial because the other one didn't work for me, did everything right, but when i try to connect to the acces point, it fails, i think it's something on my 3DS, because i tried connecting with my cellphone and it was fine. What can i do?

rodrigobarg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So if I'm using an USB adapter with zydas, I should select "teredo tunelling pseudo-interface" as a brige adapter or what? I didn't understand how to configure it with tunnelbear

rodrigobarg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Please, help me someone XD. I didn't understand this part: "Now all you have to do is active the SoftAP option on your Wifi device and instead of sharing your internet connection, point it to the tunnelbear network connection."

stevedino87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I am from singapore, and tried connectify, and it also does not work.

My laptop somehow can only do hotspot via connectify, and not other methods and connectify does not work for tunnelbear somehow.

Any one knows if there is any way to create the AP or something.

I am using a HP TM2 with a ralink rt3090 wireless in it.

Please help, i also wanna enjoy the 3DS videos
frown.gif

Satirical

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Or you could just put your DS in sleep mode for a few hours.

EDIT: Also, what's the point? The Nintendo Video channel is shit. two music videos, one CG Animated short and some other BS, pointless.

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Satirical said:
Or you could just put your DS in sleep mode for a few hours.

EDIT: Also, what's the point? The Nintendo Video channel is shit. two music videos, one CG Animated short and some other BS, pointless.
Hey! maybe we do put in sleep mode for more than a few hours, but nothing comes because we're not in the US/UK!
And mind your own bussiness, if there is a thread talking about how to access something that people want to access, then they have every right to. This thread is anything but pointless

azure0wind

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
wow it works! thanks
for those who have issues in connecting to internet when connection test, try changing the DNS to, 008.008.008.008, and 008.008.004.004

im using connectify

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.