1. Steamy Beast

OP Steamy Beast Member
    Newcomer

Hello All,

Basicially I reached the 300 title limit, and I wanted to exceed it and access all my games. This led me to the sysconfig tool. However, in the title launch all of the games are preceded by the title ID. This means the games are difficult to find because they are not in alphebetical order. Anyway I can exceed the limit and view my games in alphebetical order? Thanks in advance.

2. BaamAlex

BaamAlex (*(vu64 *)0x1FF81100)

Germany
    How can normal humans play 300 titles on a console in their whole life? I don't get it...

jeannotte and alexander1970 like this.
  3. MikaDubbz

MikaDubbz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Can't speak for everyone, but for me, it's about creating a library/catalog, so that when I lend my Wii U to friends and family, they can find just the kind of game they want to play at that moment. It's like if I were to get a NES or SNES mini, while I know there are plenty of games on there that I'd like never play (and this is with a much smaller selection of games), it's nice to have those games there all the same so that when I let someone else play the system, if those games appeal to them, then they can play them.

4. Steamy Beast

OP Steamy Beast Member
    Newcomer

It is kind of irrelevant why I would want to exceed the 300 game limit, and who wants to be a normal human anyway. My backup solution is two hard drives. Would that work? Don't really want to do that unless I have to. I have seen something about editing a file with a hex editor and switching users but it sounds like a lot of hassle.

5. Tinnetju

Tinnetju Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    You can have 2 hard drives, each with it's own games. Sorting the games would be a little hard but that's the only solution I can think of at the moment. You can also launch the games without injecting them though

6. Steamy Beast

OP Steamy Beast Member
    Newcomer

Do you mean the games will become unsorted when I switch HDDs? What I was doing was putting them into alphebetical folders.

What do you mean launch games without injecting them? If there is an easy way to do it with them in alphebtical order, it maybe an option.

7. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    yes, afaik, games must be resorted when swapping drives. I don't know how you sort them in system config tool.

8. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    IIRC, if you have one profile for each drive, and only launch the profile corresponding to the connected drive, the sorting won't be messed up.

9. snoofly

snoofly GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Heh, that hexedit thing was my solution to the 300 limit problem.
    It is a bit of hassle but not hard when you get the gist and worth the effort imo as it’s a clean solution and you can utilise all of your 2Tb WiiU drive with all the shovelware and VC/gamepad compatible GC injections etc

10. Cylent1

Cylent1 Community Smart Ass!

United States
    Do you have instructions for that?
    That would be nice to do!

11. snoofly

snoofly GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
  12. kornychaos

kornychaos Organized.

United States
    There’s almost 200 Wii U games. It was released in 2012. If you count updates and dlc tickets which count toward the 300 count and then install only a handful of virtual console games like 20 N64, then you’re going to hit that 300 limit without even touching on the hundreds of eShop+virtual games. Playing thirty games a year isn’t unrealistic, especially if you don’t complete them.

It never fails that on a thread asking for bypass the limit that someone questions “why” instead of helping out OP to the best of their abilities.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  13. BaamAlex

Germany
    Updates and dlcs doesn't count as a title.

14. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    yeah, I have 414 tickets total. I have maybe 260 games.

15. kornychaos

kornychaos Organized.

United States
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  16. BaamAlex

Germany
    You are wrong. If you only install an update or dlc, it will not be shown on the home menu.

17. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    updates and dlc are 0005000c and 0005000e while games are 00050000.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - alphebetical, sysconfig, Removing