1. FocusedWiiWarrior

Newcomer

United States
    The video's gone!

2. AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu DS Pokémon Fan

Australia
    Ubisoft copyright claim...of course. Fuck Ubisoft.

Also, why did the person playing choose the female player character? Personally, I find violent, aggressive women repulsive, so as soon as I saw the female PC, I stopped watching; when was the last time a gameplay trailer involved the male lead? That Unreal trailer from a couple months back also had a female character.

neotank19 likes this.
  3. FocusedWiiWarrior

Newcomer

United States
    I agree, the anti men nonsense is taking over.

Attached Files:

gameboy and AkiraKurusu like this.
  4. dude1

dude1 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    not to mention unhistorical
    there's only been one Viking find of a female ceremonially buried with the gear of a warrior, the remains showed no signs of battle, the most plausible conclusion drawn is that it was a chieftain's wife or someone of that type of high status buried with her already fallen husband's gear.

sure shield maidens are in myths, saga/legends etc. but that would be the equivalent to someone in the year 3000 making a pseudo-historical videogame about our modern times assuming everyone who lived Acted like Marvel Superheroes because they found MCU movies and assumed they were documentary evidence.

AkiraKurusu likes this.
  5. guisadop

guisadop GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    leaked... right.
    I can't stand any assassin's creed except 4, and that's just because steering the boat and the boat combat are really fun.

6. Gon Freecss

Gon Freecss Privacy Advocate

Venezuela
    [​IMG]

7. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Have you played AC2 , Brotherhood , Revelations , Rouge and Unity? Those are good ones the others are kinda ehh I played Origins for a hour and I didn't like it and Odyssey I still have that game in plastic. To be honest the series should have stopped at 3. AC3 wasn't even that good and when desmond died stuff started making no sense.

Ezio You felt a connection you watch him grow up
    Eric was decent it was a breath of fresh air after the failure of AC3
    Shay was meh but he wasn't too bad
    Arno and Elise I liked them alot I hated she died

I didn't include the others because I found their characters boring.

guisadop likes this.
  8. Darksabre72

Darksabre72 Blue Falcon

United States
    leaks are like the true betas of the game lol

Stealphie likes this.
  9. yoyoyo69

yoyoyo69 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've come to expect nothing less from Ubi, but I really thought they'd at least try to make game this time, given the boost in power, it should happen by accident/ without even trying.

Bosshi likes this.
  10. scroeffie1984

scroeffie1984 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    this is a hack n slash games has notthing to do with assasins anymore ! looks like a bad version of witcher 3

11. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Italy
    nope, ''leaks'' preliminary, the day-1 consumers are dumb ass wealthy dudes real beta testers lul, so stop being dumb and don't buy games at D1.

Last edited by leon315, Jul 7, 2020
    AkiraKurusu likes this.
  12. AkiraKurusu

Australia
    Yep, I agree. Because publishers like their little echo chambers, since they make idiotic or ignorant people more likely to buy the game without waiting for trustworthy reviews and word-of-mouth, it's inherently disadvantageous to buy games Day One. Not to mention you'll also be paying the highest price, since you wouldn't have waited for potential discounts.

This second thing isn't exactly relevant concerning first-party Nintendo games, and a relative handful of others, since they don't seem to believe in renewed interest in discounted titles - go onto the 3DS or Wii U eShops, and check if Twilight Princess HD or Donkey Kong Country 3D are still at full price. I can pretty much guarantee they will be, which is honestly quite silly of them.

13. altorn

altorn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    "leaked"... yeah right.

14. Cortador

Cortador GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Whereas for me I disliked the initial AC games but really liked the new direction they took with Origins and Odyssey :).

15. AkiraKurusu

Australia
    Personally, even though I never did finish either, I enjoyed Origins much more than Odyssey; Egypt didn't have the stupid Athens vs Sparta conquest fights, which seemed to be utterly pointless - conquer land for Sparta, then five minutes later (after I had gone to conquer more land) that land is already on the brink of collapse again. Tedious and annoying - I wanted a complete Sparta domination, but nooope.

Oh, and the flamboyant gay guy in Ancient Greece (blatantly historically inaccurate) was quite off-putting, due to just how much of a gay stereotype and "I'm gonna push my homosexuality in yo' face, whether you like it or not!" guy he is. Ugh. Not to mention the female soldiers, mercenaries, politicians, player character, and the evil secret organisation using Alexios' long-lost sister as their brainwashed super-warrior - when Ancient Greece (y'know, a country that existed before modern weaponry) rightly realised women weren't suited for any kind of combat role due to being generally physically weaker than men - and being important for creating more soldiers, and looking after the home while the husband's out protecting the country.
    Women also weren't allowed to participate in politics either, which isn't as understandable, but it was what it was; the only main outlier was a foreign woman, from memory, due to not being Greek; her being allowed to participate wasn't exactly looked upon favourably.
    Lastly, being able to romance and sleep with any unmarried woman? Er, no. Casual sex wasn't as accepted as it is today; if this did happen, the woman's father could go out and punish the perpetrator for 'ruining his daughter's honour', so to speak.

Origins did have that stupid segment as Bayek's wife, which wasn't appreciated (not only do I not like having to fight as a woman - female violence and aggression are things I despise - but she also lacks many of the upgrades Bayek's obtained by that point, making her a noticeable downgrade), but overall it was a more solid, less annoying experience.

dude1 likes this.
  16. dude1

dude1 GBAtemp Regular

Canada

seemed like the place for more "leaks" prior to the 12th event
    7 and half minutes focusing on a boss battle with Cordelia

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Assassins, Valhalla, gameplay