Hacking 3. Restore the savegame to the game: you can either use a generic savegame dongle OR use our Gateway

aofelix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, how do you do this step

"3. Restore the savegame to the game: you can either use a generic savegame dongle OR use our Gateway menu’s Restore savegame option with a original 3DS from a friend."

I have a 3DS XL on 4.5, GW emunand 2.7 (the one before 9.5 support), OOT and a new 3DS XL. Can someone please help me out as the instructions on the site ar ea bit vague as to where this GW menu restore savegame option is. Thanks.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
put zelda in old 3ds, put save on old 3ds sd, put in old 3ds, bring up gateway menu, select restore save....DONE

what happens when you select restore sav though?
does it automatically look for a sav file that matches the cart in the slot and restore it automatically?

or does it bring up a menu where you manually select the sav file you want to restore?

i think i already used the backup sav from cart option before on my OOT cart ,but sav files have random names so hat happens if i redump my OOT sav from my cart first?
then there will be either 1 or 2 copies of my originals OOT cart sav on my Sd card(depending on if i already backed it up before,cant remember)
so then i put GW exploited sav on their now there are 3 zelda files on there, so if you cant select which file to restore to the cart and it does it automatically then what happens?
i hate sav files with this thing i never mess with them because it isa pain in the ass because they dont have normal names like in the DS scene,
going to be a pain in the ass to locate my OOT sav backups on my sd card i think

just want to know but i cant do it now anyways cause my computer is being fixed and the one i have now as a loaner only has a MSD reader and no sd reader

aofelix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah it matches the cart and the save file automatically. very very easy surprisingly.

i did have another OOT save on my SD card.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah it matches the cart and the save file automatically. very very easy surprisingly.

i did have another OOT save on my SD card.

so did you back up the sav file on your OOT cart to your SD first?
and if you did will it always be the same file name?
like if i already backed up the sav from my OOT cart to my SD
then i back it it up again , will it be named he same thing and overwrite the old backup?
or will it dump the sav from the cart again and make a new file name every time you dump it?

i guess i will have to find out if there are any sav file backups from my OOT cart on my Sd first , because then GW wont know what to do if it finds 2 files for the same game
unless the file ame is always the same in which case the hacked sav will overwrite the sav file i backed up from my cart

aofelix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know what you're saying.

But basically, I copy and pasted the GW OOT save to my SD card of my original 3DS. I then booted into gateway mode and inserted the OOT cart. I then clicked the restore save, and then confirmed it and GW's program did it all for me.

I don't know what happened to my original save but I don't really care as I completed the game and would love to re-do it from scratch at some point.

The save file in-game is called Gateway. Its hard to miss. I loaded it, waited about 4 seconds then pressed A. I've only done it once though so hopefully it works each time.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what you're saying.

But basically, I copy and pasted the GW OOT save to my SD card of my original 3DS. I then booted into gateway mode and inserted the OOT cart. I then clicked the restore save, and then confirmed it and GW's program did it all for me.

I don't know what happened to my original save but I don't really care as I completed the game and would love to re-do it from scratch at some point.

The save file in-game is called Gateway. Its hard to miss. I loaded it, waited about 4 seconds then pressed A. I've only done it once though so hopefully it works each time.

oh ok no i mean the file name on th esd card
if sav files dumps are always exact same file name
so i already backed up my sav file to my SD it will get overwritten when i drag GW's sav file on my SD, so i dont have 2 copies of OOT sav backup on there
so it wont get confused because there are 2 files and restore the wrong file

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM