3 questions!

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by test84, Feb 19, 2007.

Feb 19, 2007

3 questions! by test84 at 2:47 PM (1,732 Views / 0 Likes) 21 replies

1. test84
    OP

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    hi all ! [​IMG]
    i have some Qs:

1- how is muliplayer of New Super Mario Bros? is it like NES version? i mean the first player plays and when dies, another starts? or its like co-op and mario and luigi are both in one screen and playing simultainiosly?

2- in Tetris DS when i play mario games, i see the original mario game on top, is there any way to "play" it? is there a merio for GBA/DS that has the NES's first mario?

3- i see alot of pokemons, whats difference between them?

TIA!

2. e_man

Newcomer e_man Advanced Member

Sweden
    1. the multiplayer is either minigames, or a kind of "jump-on-other-player-and-collect-stars", so there is no coop game, that i'm aware of.
    2. dont think you can actually play the game in tetris, but it would be cool wouldnt it?
    3. dunno, havnt played pokemon for the ds.

3. - Wrath of God -

Member - Wrath of God - God

United States
    As for the second part of #2, yes the original mario is available for GBA. The rom number is
    1514 - Classic NES - Super Mario Bros.

However, I don't know about now, but back when it was first released there were some problems playing it as well as the other Classic NES games on flashcarts. But try it, you may get lucky.

4. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    POKeMON:
    well theres like rare dudes, starter dudes, crappy dudes, really crappy dudes, dragon dudes, legendary homo dudes, and more!

5. test84
    OP

Iran
    thnx guys.
    any comments on multiplayer of NSMB ?

6. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    Mew is gay?! I knew it!!!

As for multiplayer NSMB, it's pretty fun, but it does tend to get slightly boring after an an hour or so. Definitely keeps the laughs comin' though, very fun.

7. test84
    OP

Iran
    can we play normal levels on multiplayer or there are specific multiplyaer levels?
    is it competetive or co-op ?
    thnx!

8. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    It's competitive(both the minigames and Mario vs Luigi), and there are 5 levels specifically designed for the Mario vs Luigi mode.

9. Little

Member Little I r Little

United Kingdom
    this topic made me realise that we need multiplayer MARIO PARTY for the DS. you'd only be able to play it multiplayer of course but yeah its what we need!

10. Tomobobo

Member Tomobobo Champion.

United States
    I remember back when NSMB was just announced, there was a video of Mario and Luigi doing some co-op on what seemed to be one of the single player levels. I was so happy at that time, because there's never been a co-op simultaneous two-player Mario, and I almost shit my pants. Sadly, they only threw in some lame multiplayer mode, about the same caliber as the Super Mario 64 DS' multiplayer, with the exception of the minigames, which are cool for about 10 minutes.

11. e_man

Newcomer e_man Advanced Member

Sweden
    the minigames are kindof cool i think, much more fun than the other game, the DEATHMATCH!!! or what to call it [​IMG] my favorite minigames are the othello ripoff, luigijack, poker are kindof fun, the "sort-the-bombs-and-launch-them-to-other-player" is kindof cool to, i hate the game with the snowball! also the one where you are looking for boos, my gf kicks my ass in it [​IMG] and the one to find the charachter displayed on the screen, she kicks my ass there too.. she got like 666 when she played alone, and stoped just cause it was 666 [​IMG] coulda gone on forever...

but a real mario multiplayer woulda been cool, we can only hope they release a supermario allstars-like game with multiplayer support. [​IMG]

12. test84
    OP

Iran
    hi all,
    no matter where i get "1514 - Classic NES - Super Mario Bros.", it doesnt work, would u suggest somewhere in pm or here, to get a working version of it?
    i'm so in love with classic NES version of Mario.
    thnx guys.

13. test84
    OP

Iran
    1-i see there is an IPS Patch section in my G6, is there anything for this rom to make it work?
    2- i got a cracked version of it, which is 120kb! is it healthy in all levels? :|
    thnx.

14. Destructobot

United States
    SMB on nesDS is better than the GBA version. It's full screen on the DS, and the control feels a bit better.

Anyway, this patch should work for the GBA version: http://www.filefactory.com/file/a136ae/

15. test84
    OP

Iran
    thnx for info, but i think since i have G6, it will not work on it.
    i'll test if i encounter problems with this 120kb one (its strange, its non cracked is 3.5mg but its cracked is 120kb ...)

16. Destructobot

United States
    NesDS works fine on the G6 if you pack the nes roms into the NDS file, it just won't save.

As far as the file size, the nes rom for SMB is 40KB, so they probably just trimmed the GBA version when they cracked it. It is just the nes game on an emulator after all.

17. test84
    OP

Iran
    thnx for ur answer my friend,
    yest its game on emulator, but on an emulator of Nintendo OR its ported, both ways its better cuz its done officially.
    [​IMG]

18. Destructobot

United States
    The main difference is that it's full screen on nesDS.

Anyway, Emu_kidid's WIP version of nesDS does not work on the G6, but the last "official" release does. It runs a surprising number of games near perfectly, it's just a shame that you can't save. I'd love to play through Zelda 2 again on the DS, and I never could get the NES Classics version to work on the G6.

19. test84
    OP

Iran
    what do u mean by "the last "official" release ", last official release of who? the programmer of emulator?

20. Destructobot

United States