3 Questions from someone who is new at this.

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by clickclick, Nov 21, 2008.

Nov 21, 2008
  1. clickclick
    OP

Newcomer clickclick Member

United States
    So I am out there hunting for iso's, and I have 3 questions:

1. What does scrubbed mean?

2. What does brickblocked mean?

3. I have an NTSC Wii can I run Pal games?

Thank you.

2. Rammoth

Member Rammoth GBAtemp Fan

United States
    1. Scrubbed means that the ISO is heavily compressed (all garbage taken out) without changing anything in the game itself. You'll need up to 3.2 firmware in order to read these (assuming you have a modchip)

2. Brickblocked means that the update, that some games have with them, are removed.

3. You'll be able to run most of them with a modchip. Or all, if you use something like GeckoOS(needs twilight hack first) or Freeloader (also not able to run after firmware 3.2)

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask. Or if I said something not entirely correct (I only know my stuff about modchips, not so much about hacking) then hopefully a different member will want to revise my answers.

3. clickclick
    OP

Newcomer clickclick Member

United States
    Thanks for the info. I don't have a modchip, just homebrew channel through twilight hack.

Does Wii Music have an update? I just downloaded and I am not sure, can I brickblock it myself?

4. Rammoth

Member Rammoth GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm not exactly sure how it works through the twilight hack. I'd say you should be able to just brickblock it. Brickblocker can be found on various sites, I think even including this site or just use google to get there.

Wii Music does have an update. I think there's also something called starfall for homebrew which blocks updates on discs. Otherwise you might want to try the freeloader which is what I am using for most games. You insert the disk, then your wii flashes (makes an annoying *beep* sound >.