3 PlayStation Move Navigation Controllers only work when connected to the PS3 via USB

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If it's a battery issue, the new one will have the same problem, as the batteries are the same age. They probably sold it because they didn't want to change the batteries.

18500 can be used as replacements. Just keep the original plug attachment, when you detach it from the original battery cell.

But I ordered DualShock 3 and PS Move Motion controllers and although they're old too, their batteries were working.

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Batteries can last a long time if they're used regularly. If they are dormant for 5-10 years, they're not going to work very well.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Batteries can last a long time if they're used regularly. If they are dormant for 5-10 years, they're not going to work very well.

And what if the devices are not charged for some time, are 100% discharged, are charged to 100% or are used when being charged?

OK, but I had the same problem with used ones (which saved that user), so might have them been used but a long time ago? How can it be known if it was used or if the batteries work before buying them?

I guess I was lucky with the used DualShock 3 and PS Move Motion controllers working, then...

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If it's a battery issue, the new one will have the same problem, as the batteries are the same age. They probably sold it because they didn't want to change the batteries.

18500 can be used as replacements. Just keep the original plug attachment, when you detach it from the original battery cell.

How can I be sure it doesn't come drained?

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Weird. I bought a new PS Navigation Controller and it's working fine unlike the used ones. I thought new controllers were more likely to not work.

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A new controller is as likely not to work as an old one, based on the battery cell in each being the same age. An old controller is as likely to work as a new controller, if they are each given a new battery. To put it simply, a newly manufactured battery is more likely to work than a 2010 battery.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
A new controller is as likely not to work as an old one, based on the battery cell in each being the same age. An old controller is as likely to work as a new controller, if they are each given a new battery. To put it simply, a newly manufactured battery is more likely to work than a 2010 battery.

So, do you think this battery is more recent than the others and I just got lucky this time?

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would have to track how many Mah were charged and at what % was the battery at charging. The rule of thumb is understood to be about 500 complete discharges and recharges, until the lithium refuses to hold a charge.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You would have to track how many Mah were charged and at what % was the battery at charging. The rule of thumb is understood to be about 500 complete discharges and recharges, until the lithium refuses to hold a charge.

What if I leave a laptop charging for years? Will it stop charging? I thought lithium-ion batteries didn't have this problem or didn't have the problems other kinds of batteries do.

bigstew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk what , but mine was the usual battery issue, those old style ps equipment used a crap battery where sony even issued instructions to fully charge equipment once a year as a warning, u can either try to replace the battery or buy ps4 move controllers as they were just repackaged old stock from ps3 production

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
idk what , but mine was the usual battery issue, those old style ps equipment used a crap battery where sony even issued instructions to fully charge equipment once a year as a warning, u can either try to replace the battery or buy ps4 move controllers as they were just repackaged old stock from ps3 production

And don't they have this battery problem and do they work on the PS3? Also, I put the controller on a PS Move charging station and it blinked forever. I took it from there so maybe it's not fully charged but iat least it's working. It has all 3 bars.

bigstew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And don't they have this battery problem and do they work on the PS3? Also, I put the controller on a PS Move charging station and it blinked forever. I took it from there so maybe it's not fully charged but iat least it's working. It has all

no, i believe some of them would still suffer from never being charged, it should sync just like u would with a ps3 move controller

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
no, i believe some of them would still suffer from never being charged, it should sync just like u would with a ps3 move controller

But like I said, I bought a new one so it was never charged and it doesn't have this problem.

What are the differences between them besides the USB cable?

bigstew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But like I said, I bought a new one so it was never charged and it doesn't have this problem

What are the differences between them besides the USB cable?
i just literalley put my dead ps3 and new ps4 next to each other, exact same except model number cech-zcm1u has a c at the end and ps4 has an e at the end, it should still go back to the ps3 one losing a charge, when new and never charged, the battery will hold a charge before u plug it in to charge, after that u have to fully charge themonce or twice a year as the battry starts to lose its charge, ps used those crappy batteries in all the ps3 related quipment and moves so its easy to get a faulty battery or for a move on controller to stop working all together as the equipment senses theres a 0 charged battery and wont keep working

bigstew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as far as blinking, i think that means its charging, not sure since mine are left on the charging stand, so i dont remeber it stays on or blinks while charging

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i just literalley put my dead ps3 and new ps4 next to each other, exact same except model number cech-zcm1u has a c at the end and ps4 has an e at the end, it should still go back to the ps3 one losing a charge, when new and never charged, the battery will hold a charge before u plug it in to charge, after that u have to fully charge themonce or twice a year as the battry starts to lose its charge, ps used those crappy batteries in all the ps3 related quipment and moves so its easy to get a faulty battery or for a move on controller to stop working all together as the equipment senses theres a 0 charged battery and wont keep working

But I find it odd that it only has to be charged once or twice a year. How is that even possible?

as far as blinking, i think that means its charging, not sure since mine are left on the charging stand, so i dont remeber it stays on or blinks while charging

I thought it would be charging but I left it for hours and it was still blinking so I took it from the charging stand but it was working.

bigstew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I find it odd it only has to be charged once or twice a year. How is that even possible?

I thought it would be charging but I left it for hours and it was still blinking so I took it from the charging stand but it was working.
you shuold be able to lookup instructions online for the moves or ps3 official controllers, maybe even sonys site, but they all came with instructions/warnings that if u didnt charge those access once a year to fully charge they might stop working, also if u move is working, charge it fully for 24, if iits stops blinking it should mean its fully charged

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...