Hacking 3 in 1 with a G6 Real

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Soft reset is only supported for R4, DS-Link and Supercard One.

However, you can use patches for rumble/browser support.

But rumble is more audio than haptic feedback anyway...

Shasha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know which patches I would need for the browser and rumble support? I couldn't seem to find any that would work with the G6 Real.

As far as I know you need to use Rudolph's tool to set the card to Expansion or Rumble mode, and then soft reset and start whatever game. Is there a way around the soft reset option?

Shasha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried that browser patch before and it doesn't work. My G6 Real still fails to recognize the expansion pack. As I said before, this is because the 3 in 1 needs to be set to expansion mode and then the ds needs to be soft reset, and I cannot get into expansion mode using Rudolph's tool.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No. The patch works. I've even used it with my G6R. If the 3in1 still isn't recognized, then perhaps it is faulty. Try any rumble patch (there is also a rumble tester NDS file) and see if that works.

EDIT: Of course you can't get into expansion mode, the G6R isn't one of the properly supported cards by Rudolphs Tool.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Use this patch for the browser: http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?t=4262

Once patched, the browser will automatically put the 3-in-1 in RAM expansion mode. You won't need to do anything but start the browser just like you would any other game.

The rumble patcher sucks, and so do the individual rumble patches. You can expect various glitches during gameplay in most games. Also, many games can't be patched, or won't run after being patched.

To get around this, use the rumble patcher to patch a small game (like Elf Bowling), it doesn't matter if the game uses the rumble pack. You can then enable rumble by starting the patched game, soft resetting back to the G6R menu, and starting the game you want to use rumble with. (The G6R does have soft reset, right?)

Rumble patcher: http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?t=4767

Shasha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turns out I was patching the browser incorrectly. I tried it again and it's working!

I tried the 3 in 1 rumble patcher and when I try to use it, it gives me one of those Windows errors where it asks you to send the info to MS, and then the patcher closes.

It sounds like there's a few other patchers around though, so I'll try some more out. I was much more concerned with the expansion pack for the browser and linux, and it looks like I got that working now.

Thanks for all the info guys!

Shasha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the soft reset trick work for the expansion pack as well? As in, if I'm running something like linux that needs expansion, should I just boot up the browser to get the 3 in 1 into expansion mode, and then soft reset and run linux?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I tried the 3 in 1 rumble patcher and when I try to use it, it gives me one of those Windows errors where it asks you to send the info to MS, and then the patcher closes.
I got that error when patching some games, but not with others. If you actually care about rumble you might try a few more games and see if you can get one patched.

Does the soft reset trick work for the expansion pack as well? As in, if I'm running something like linux that needs expansion, should I just boot up the browser to get the 3 in 1 into expansion mode, and then soft reset and run linux?
That should work. As far as I know, once the 3-in-1 is set to RAM expansion or rumble mode it stays that way until the power is turned off.

You will only need to do that if the program you're running only works with the official RAM pak that came with the browser. Many homebrew apps now support the memory in various slot 2 flashcarts directly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night