3 in 1 SRAM test fail- just got it around 6 months ago

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by klefmung, Apr 17, 2010.

1. klefmung
    OP

Newcomer klefmung Newbie

United States
    Okay, so I have had my 3 in 1 for a while now, but have never been able to save on it. I finally Decided to look this problem up when I got YSMenu and it could load up GBA games so easily, and I ran the SRAM test. The one that writes it went fine, but then the verify one came up as:
    NOR Flash id=0x227e2218
    start SRAM verify.
    verify Err:Add=15, S=9d, D=8d

Did I just buy a defective one or something? I know it can't be the battery, saving has always failed, and I havent had it nearly long enough for the battery to go out... so I do I just buy a new one, and cross my fingers?

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    See first link in sig, then compare in the SRAM test section. From the NOR id, you would probably have a 3in1 (v1). It is more likely the battery is going to go out rather than a defective one. Having a v1 be defective is unlikely.

3. klefmung
    OP

Newcomer klefmung Newbie

United States
    Thanks, yea, looks like i have a v1. Ill change the battery tomorrow, since that is cheaper than buying another cart. Thanks.

4. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    I would change it only when you have to, ie. like when your save games are not saving. Otherwise just make sure you backup any saves in NOR mode regularly if you use that mode for games like pokemon or some RPG.

5. klefmung
    OP

Newcomer klefmung Newbie

United States
    But it doesn't save and hasn't since I got it. It doesn't work in NOR mode or PSRAM mode, and the SRAM test failed.

6. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    then change the battery then, I did say to do when it stops saving.