3 in 1 problem

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by cmoi, Aug 5, 2007.

1. cmoi
    OP

cmoi Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2007
    France
    Hi

I bought two months ago a EZ flash V + 3 in 1 expansion. One day, my DS froze at startup. I immediately thought that one of these two card was defective. I removed expension 3in 1 and my DS starts normally. I again inserted the cartridge, all functions correctly except the GBA gamesave. When I try to save a GBA gamesave, the DS freeze.
    By curiosity, I opened my 3 in 1 expension and I noticed that two pins of chip MAX II are linked. This intrigues me much and I wonder if it is not a defect. Please, someone can take some photograph of the chip MAX II ?

Edit : I have unlinked these two pins, nothing change. I also try my 3 in 1 expansion with another DS, nothing change.

2. Mbmax

Mbmax Homebrew addicted

Nov 7, 2006
    Hi.
    Look at this topic, there is some pictures.

Also, give a try to rudolph 3in1 expPack tool to see if you got the same problem with the save process. Don't forget to patch it DLDI [​IMG]

3. cmoi
    OP

cmoi Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2007
    France
    Thank you for this link, that exactly what I explain [​IMG]
    I already test rudolph 3in1 expPack tool. No result.
    I'll test GBAldr protochek to see if I have a prototype 3in1 (I think I have one).

4. cmoi
    OP

cmoi Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2007
    France
    I have sent back my 3in1 expansion to my seller.
    I received a new one today, it work again very well [​IMG]

5. leetdude_007

leetdude_007 Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An

Nov 25, 2006
    United States
    The hardware wasn't made to last I've sadly come to believe.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice