3-in-1 Pack with EZ Flash V Plus

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Pougan, Oct 22, 2008.

Oct 22, 2008

3-in-1 Pack with EZ Flash V Plus by Pougan at 5:56 AM (1,457 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Pougan
    OP

Newcomer Pougan Newbie

United States
    I've been playing Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga on my DS with the 3-in-1 pack with EZ Flash V Plus as my slot-1 card and on a couple of occasions my save simply disappears off the 3-in-1 pack. I'll play it on several occasions, then suddenly the next time I load it up it doesn't have my save on it. The first few times it happened I hadn't gotten very far and was still really just playing around with the flash cards, but this most recent time I had gotten quite far and now I'm upset. I just figured out the save file backup procedure to put my saves on my ez flash v card, but that only works if I back it up before it disappears. But why is it disappearing in the first place? There's no error messages and I've already removed each card and gave it the good old NES cartridge blow to no avail. Is this normal behavior for the 3-in-1? Or is it something with M&L:SS? I followed the EZ flash V quickstart wiki guide to patch the M&L:SS rom to allow saves and such. Am I doing something wrong?

2. spectral

spectral Newbie

are you playing other GBA games inbetween? I think the 3 in 1 only holds one save at a time.

3. Pougan
    OP

Newcomer Pougan Newbie

United States
    Nope. Only Superstar Saga. I mean, is there a battery in the 3-in-1 that could not really be holding a charge or something that is required to keep game saves? I thought game saves were kept on the non-volatile memory with the ROM itself.

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Game saves are stored in battery-backed SRAM until the next time you turn on the DS, at which point it should back it up to a *.sav file on your card. That is, assuming it works like GBA ExpLoader.

5. Pougan
    OP

Newcomer Pougan Newbie

United States
    So are you saying that if I turn on the DS, but don't load the GBA game, then the save game is erased? Hm...well, I have been backing it up every chance I get since I lost all my progress last, so hopefully I won't run into this problem again, but that seems to be some peculiar functionality.

6. Searinox

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
    Nope. He';s saying that you can turn off the DS and the next time you power it on the savegame gets written from the EZflash 3in1 to the V+.

7. Crozone

Newcomer Crozone Member

Australia
    This may be because the SRAM Battery has a faulty connection, or has just run out.

NOR and PSRAM both have their own dedicated PSRAM, so playing a GBA game off the PSRAM shouldn't erase your NOR Game's Sav.

The EZ-FLash V may Erase the save game off the 3 in 1 AFTER backing it up, but that does not explain why the file would not be loaded back onto the 3 in 1 After you run the game again.

8. Pougan
    OP

Newcomer Pougan Newbie

United States
    It sounds like I may have a faulty connection or something. Every once and a while my DS also doesn't recognize that the 3-in-1 is even there. But my savegame is still there the few times that has happened. I've also had that happen to my EZ Flash V card. It only ever takes a quick eject and insert to fix that though. So I dunno. Maybe I got a lemon. I guess I'll try contacting the place I bought it from and see what they say, although I think its been a few months now.

Thanks for all your guys' help [​IMG].