3-in-1 + ncard?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by spinal_cord, Apr 29, 2008.

1. spinal_cord
    OP

spinal_cord Knows his stuff

Jul 21, 2007
    somewhere
    I have just got a 3-in-1, and I am using gbaexploder.56, gba seems to work fine, however I can not find any options for ram/rumble.

Is there something I'm missing? I know this product is intended for use with the ez5, but I have read on plenty of forums that the 3-in-1 works fine with other cards.

2. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    According to the readme, you need to copy udisk.nds to the root of the cart to enable soft reset (and thus expansion mode) in GBA ExpLoader.

3. spinal_cord
    OP

Jul 21, 2007
    somewhere
    Where do I get that from? and what is it? ...google isn't much help.

4. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    It's one of the files included in the firmware updates. I'm guessing that it's the N-Card menu (the one you see when you start the N-Card). You probably already have a copy of it on your card (I'm not sure though, I don't have one of these devices); if so, just copy it to the root.

5. spinal_cord
    OP

Jul 21, 2007
    somewhere
    What a pain finding that file! It doesn't come with every version of the firmware, just random ones, even then I needed to find a version compatible with my current xmenu.dat. You'd think software updated would come with all the required software wouldn't you.

Anyway, thanks for the help. I now have Rumble and Ram, although rumble seems to be more of a noise than any sort of movement.