3 in 1 Expansion Pack with EZ V or R4?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Slowking, Apr 21, 2007.

Apr 21, 2007
  1. Slowking
    OP

Member Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    If I did understand correctly, the 3 in 1 expansion pack can simulate a GBA-game almost perfectly, even to a point where a original Pokemon Pearl would recognise it as Pokemon Ruby for example and unlock the special Pokemon in certain areas. If that's correct I'm deffinatly going to get one.

The only question that remains is wich Slot-1 device I should get with it. I'm not exactly new to the DS-backup-modules, but I seem to have lost track with the Slot-1 ones (I still have a M3-CF).
    As far as I know all things that the EZ V can do with the 3 in 1 Expansion Pack can be done with other Slot-1 devices and homebrew. Since the combo of the Pack and an EZ V and the combo of the pack and an R4 are about the same in price over at bamboogaming it really only comes down to the Slot-1 cards. (Even so I'm a little displeased that the R4 doesn't come in black anymore. Nintendo employes will see from 30 fett away that I don't have an original card in it. [I will get the original game, but imo it's nothing wrong with getting a few additional Pokemon [​IMG] ])
    So is one better than the other? And wich things make it this way?

I hope you can help me. Thanks in advance.

2. Propionation

Newcomer Propionation Advanced Member

United States
    Personally I would buy the EZ V with the 3 in 1 instead of the R4 plus the 3 in 1. I don't care about the rumble so that is a non factor. The cheat function in the R4 can be overridden with dualscene.net excellent complete save list. One big thing is the micro sd slot placement and the color. I am worried that an accidental press plus R4's spring slot would catapult my micro sd to the unknown. I also have a black DS so the R4 would stick out like a sore thumb, well not as bad as my Supercard mini is right now. [​IMG] But the purpose of upgrading to flush solutions is to make it as discreet as possible that I have a flash card. Just my two cents. [​IMG]

3. Arkansaw

Member Arkansaw GBAtemp Advanced Fan

East Timor
    I got the ez5 personally.....but if you are in no hurry, perhaps you can wait to see next loader update (rmours have said that it will finally support the gba-ds linking for pokemon games; it doesn't work atm). The pokelink feature is likely to be supported as a main selling pt of the 3-in-1 expansion card.

Although ez still has some outstanding issues with their loader (some additional functions for save file manipulation are disabled for the current loader), no major issues atm.

4. iwakura

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    R4 DEFINATELY. I just got the ezflash 5 set, and i really dislike the ezflashv

im just using it as a stand alone cart, and using my R4 with the expansion

5. AeroScap

Member AeroScap GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    What is so bad about the ez v?

6. shaffaaf27

Member shaffaaf27 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    its complicated to start it and get going. but once you do its as easy as pie!

7. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    Don't be. Even when you press it and let go as fast as possible the MicroSD is held back in a way similar to a DS cart. Try it with a DS cart in your DS. Press down on it then let go, it will pop up but then be stopped by some magical force.
    Same with R4 and MicroSD

- Sam

8. AeroScap

Member AeroScap GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Nope. My Ds cart flies like dumbo with a jetpack!

9. jtroye32

Member jtroye32 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i've never accidently ejected my micro sd out of my r4. and from playing around with it i have concluded it would be pretty hard to do since you have to apply force in exactly the right spot (which a pretty much the sliver size top of the micro sd card). and to get it to rocket out you have to be even more precise about it.

10. iwakura

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    disgusting layout/interface, and it loads games and itself ridiculously slow.

thats in comparison to R4 though, i've been spoiled [​IMG]