fire walk with me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if I can use the 3 in 1 Expansion Pack with R4 ? I don't think the GBA feature would work but if Opera and Rumble works, I'll definetly get one. Realhotstuff is now selling them for $22, i think it's a very good deal..

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I doubt the EZ team will ever allow it to work with anything else but the EZF5, but the R4 team might make a firmware update to enable this. (Or make their own 3-in-1 solution.)

faceless

pink sugar heart attack
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I doubt the EZ team will ever allow it to work with anything else but the EZF5, but the R4 team might make a firmware update to enable this. (Or make their own 3-in-1 solution.)
the EZ team released the code needed for other devices to support the 3 in 1, so they do allow it, it just has to be supported by other cards now.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
the EZ team released the code needed for other devices to support the 3 in 1, so they do allow it, it just has to be supported by other cards now.
They did
blink.gif
??

That will have a positive effect on the 3-in-1 sales, but a negative effect on the EZF5 sales. Well, I guess their market research guys know their stuff and things will balance out in their favour.

Pedro UK

Trophies
XP
Country
Here's hoping that the next R4 firmware update will have support for this...the last update didn't inspire me too much.
wink.gif

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
They did
blink.gif
??

That will have a positive effect on the 3-in-1 sales, but a negative effect on the EZF5 sales. Well, I guess their market research guys know their stuff and things will balance out in their favour.

They released the code so that homebrew software could use it, other cards being able to use it for commercial roms is just a side effect.

Icarus

fire walk with me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's very smart for EZteam to release such device.. It's very VERY useful if you have and EZV. GBA support is not that important, but the rumble and extra ram is more important to me, I hope someone would release such app

vambrace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Wasn't there a hardware dump of the EZV firmware some time ago? Is it possible to place this dump on the R4DS and run it from there, thus might be able to run the Expansion pack on the R4?

Icarus

fire walk with me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't really agree filozof. I think GBA support is the most important to me, this allows things like Dipstar to run. Added to that is that there are some great classics on GBA worth playing, and the GBA Union is good too. In terms of rumble, I don't really need it, it's a nice addition, but not necessary. And RAM is supported by so many cards, there is no real point.
I would definetly want the GBA support, it would be even better but I was just saying, for only $20, it's still a pretty good deal even without the gba support. There is an another option which supercard rumble and it's $35 + you need a micro sd to play GBA games and I'm not really sure how rumble would work.

faceless

pink sugar heart attack
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users