3 in 1 and Real Cart Pokemon Transfer

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by science, May 1, 2007.

May 1, 2007
  1. science
    OP

Member science science rules

Canada
    Is there any way to use the 3 in 1 with a real copy of Pokemon Diamond? To upload Pokemon from the ROM in the 3 in 1 to the real cart?

2. AeroScap

Member AeroScap GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    The slot 2 atm only unlocks the ability to catch certain pokemon. You will need another ds to do what you are asking.

3. science
    OP

Canada
    What I meant was the transfer from GBA to DS

4. AeroScap

United Kingdom
    What is the Pal Park?
    The Pal Park is and area in Diamond and Pearl versions where you can transfer Pokemon from all the old GBA titles (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, Leaf Green) to the new DS Pokemon games. Located on Route 221, it can only be accessed after completing the Sinnoh Pokedex and obtaining the National Dex from Professor Oak. (Completing the Sinnoh Pokedex just means SEEING Sinnoh every Pokemon, which you can do throughout the progress of the game if you make sure to battle all the trainers you see.)

How do I transfer Pokemon?
    To use the Pal Park, you must first upload six Pokemon from a GBA cartridge at the title screen of the game. If you have a GBA cart insterted, then instead of choosing "CONTINUE" you will be able to scroll down at the main menu and choose to bring over Pokemon from your GBA game. When you start up your game, you will then be able to catch those six Pokemon in the Pal Park.

Can I send Pokemon back to GBA games from Diamond and Pearl?
    No, this is strictly a one-way system. The Pokemon you send to your DS games will be gone forever from your GBA games, so choose carefully (or clone first ).

Can I transfer Pokemon between English and Japanese games?
    No. The Japanese-language DS games will only recognise Japanese-language GBA games for Pal Park purposes, and it is likely that the English-language DS games will only recognise English-language GBA games.

Can I transfer less than six Pokemon?
    No, you have to transfer Pokemon in groups of six.
    -----------------

http://boards.ign.com/pokemon/b5012/138703361/p1

There you go. You need pal park unlocked on D/P. The 3 in 1 behaves exactly like a gba game, so all the above is relevant!

5. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    The only slot 1 cart (including retail game carts) that can link Diamond or Pearl with a game on the 3-in-1 is the EZ-V. IF you have an EZ-V, and IF there is a way to transfer the save from the EZ-V to the retail cart(I'm not sure if there is or not), then it will be possible.

There is no way you will be able to link the retail cart directly to the 3-in-1, it won't be able to read the save.

6. science
    OP

Canada
    Thanks Destructobot. I have an EZ V but don't want to do all this save file transferring. Maybe I'll buy some second hand games then lol

7. AeroScap

United Kingdom
    emmm is that with my reply in consideration? ^

Methinks ez 5 + 3 in 1 is ok... methinks.. (especially with the new ez v firmware loader update for pokemon linkage..)

I havent got that far to test >.

8. science
    OP

Canada
    Yeah but thats using the EZ V with my 3 in 1. What I want is a GBA ROM on the 3 in 1 (eg. Pokemon Emerald), have that in the slot 2, and my legit copy of Pokemon Diamond in Slot 1, and have the two communicate, but I see it's only working when you have a flashcard it slot 1.

9. silvershadow

Member silvershadow GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    actually...as of right now, gba linkage (with pokemon) only works with the following setups

R4 and original gba
    original ds and gba
    ezv and ez extension

and, i believe SOME slot 2 carts for example (M3 lite)...it allows you to do gba linkage, but involves just a bit more work, but nothing too hectic...nds and gba on the M3 lite...

EDIT: "R4" can PROBABLY be replaced with any other slot 1 solution in the above list.