3-in-1 and Pokemon Migration

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by SP0RK, Jul 15, 2008.

Jul 15, 2008

3-in-1 and Pokemon Migration by SP0RK at 12:54 AM (1,844 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. SP0RK
    OP

Newcomer SP0RK Member

United States
    Hi, I've read that only very few slot-2 cards, including the 3-in-1, are recognizable by Pokemon D/P when trying to migrate from the GBA versions. Is the Pokemon migration from the 3-in-1 compatible with the CycloDS?

2. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
    Probably, you might as well try.

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
  4. uberusmaximus

Newcomer uberusmaximus Advanced Member

United States
    just to say, if you use cheats, which some people do, if you apply the patch, you cant use them anymore.

5. SP0RK
    OP

Newcomer SP0RK Member

United States
    Didn't want to make another thread, and this is fairly relevant--does anybody know if Pokemon migration is compatible with a CycloDS/EZIV Lite Deluxe combo?

Thanks for earlier replies.

6. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    As it stands no, there was an attempt to make one but there was not much interest so it never went far.

It probably would not be that hard to "port" (we have the locations in the DS rom and the EZ4 is somewhat understood) but finding someone to do it may be (pokemon is not a highly regarded title among programmers/hackers that would normally do this sort of thing it seems).

7. uberusmaximus

Newcomer uberusmaximus Advanced Member

United States
    IMO it is easier to just make a copy of your pokemon in pokesav, since you get to keep it on your gba save and get it in your pearl/diamond save.

8. sueil

Newcomer sueil Advanced Member

United States
    So I cannot get this working. I checked it before when I first got my 3-in-1 to see if it worked and my copy of leaf green showed up in the diamond menu then. Several months down the line though it won't work. I'm using a cyclo with the latest beta firmware, 3-in-1 with gba_exploader, with a patched diamond rom by pokepatch, with a clean unpatched leaf green rom, and loaded it into nor, when I restart my DS I can access it by select start gba game so I know it loaded it right. No matter what I try the game won't show up. I'm at a loss here, anyone know what's wrong?

9. Rascal

Member Rascal GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Check your CycloDS Settings. Rumble and Beta GBA Support must be disabled in order to use GBA Linking.

10. sueil

Newcomer sueil Advanced Member

United States
    Ah YES thank you that worked. I was pounding my head against this all day.