Gaming 3 GBC does have GBA mode but 3DS dont support, why?

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We already know there are 3 games already have GBA mode to unlock that GBC mode won't unlock.

Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Age/Season
Shantae

but why 3DS doesn't? I am pretty sure much early when first 3DS come out, alot of people have able to chance download GBA game in 3DS before they close. But one problem that we need answer this.

If they already release GBA game in 3DS before Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Age/Season & Shantae release, then why Nintendo didn't realize it while they already release 3 GBC game already have GBA mode but not support in game while they already release GBA game on 3DS?

What if Nintendo have hidden secret about GBA mode when you play 3 GBC game while thousand of people try to find secret combination button to use GBA mode? We already know press L button with Select button to make GBC mode.

When you use any GBA console in GB/C game, you press L and R to turn full screen and back to normal GB/C screen.

But why not 3DS support it for GBA mode? Hope our question will be answer in future. If not, then guess we have to use old fashion way. Use emulator or real console GBA.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Let me get this straight, you just want fullscreen GBC games?
Stretched GBC games on the GBA were butt ugly and they would only be worse on the 3DS because it's widescreen. I don't think you would like how it would look.
It's not "GBA mode", every GB(C) game played on a GBA supported this, along with multiple palette choices for GB games. It was just a feature of the GBA BIOS I believe. GB(C) games on the 3DS run in an emulator, they don't use native hardware (I'm not even sure it has the hardware neccessary even though it has the GBA hardware), so that's why that feature is missing. To my knowledge no VC games support 16:9 stretching.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. It is not what I meant. There is some area or something won't unlock when you use GBC mode.
When you use GBA mode, they will unlock like Oracle of Age/Season secret ring shop and Shantae will let you unlock dance move for playable Tinklebat.

Well I called it GBA mode because there is word that I can't explain so easily. So I put basic way so people might get my point.
Since you said none of VC game support 16:9 stretching. So meaning Oracle of Age/Season and Shantae is no longer support for GBA mode to unlock. Guess I have to use emulator or real console.

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No. It is not what I meant. There is some area or something won't unlock when you use GBC mode.
When you use GBA mode, they will unlock like Oracle of Age/Season secret ring shop and Shantae will let you unlock dance move for playable Tinklebat.

Well I called it GBA mode because there is word that I can't explain so easily. So I put basic way so people might get my point.
Since you said none of VC game support 16:9 stretching. So meaning Oracle of Age/Season and Shantae is no longer support for GBA mode to unlock. Guess I have to use emulator or real console.
GB VC is a purely software emulator. They should add spoofing of a GBA console to the emulator (GameYob has it, for example). Who knows why they don't, they don't even have GBC colors as far as I know (the emulated console is a plain, old GameBoy).

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GB VC is a purely software emulator. They should add spoofing of a GBA console to the emulator (GameYob has it, for example). Who knows why they don't, they don't even have GBC colors as far as I know (the emulated console is a plain, old GameBoy).
Guess I am out of luck. Well it should because they already release GBA game before they close for good. Ad something. You know what I am talking about. Well they should be. i mean come on! They already made DS and DS lite for GBA game. it should be take out...uhh.....something reading thing to tell you what....uhh....part thing to able make GBA mode. Even GBA console, SP, and Mirco. Why they didn't think of it while they already has? That is not make any sense when they already release GBA game in 3ds. I wish someone will give us answer when they find out why they didn't put it up on 3ds for GBA mode. Like you press L and Select button same time to make look like old fashion GBC screen. What if there is other button combination will make GBA mode that nobody know? *groan* Man too many question that we need answer. Call customer service Nintendo might not really work or maybe they keep secret from owner of Nintendo while people ask them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs