OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
cod.jpg

Activision somehow managed to shake off its turkey-induced coma this morning to announce that the Call of Duty franchise has generated more than $3 billion in sales.

With Modern Warfare 2 pulling in $550 million in sales within the first five days of release, the $3 billion certainly makes sense. From the original Call of Duty right on up to one many of you are playing right now, more than 55 games have passed to gamers' hands, which might give Activision CEO Bobby Kotick's accompanying statement and speculation merit.

"Call Of Duty has become one of the greatest entertainment franchises of all time. If you consider the number of hours our audiences are engaged in playing Call of Duty games, it is likely to be one of the most viewed of all entertainment experiences in modern history."
Source.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is a shame, personally I found most of the games boring after a first few missions, the latest one especially and what the hell is up with the single player being so short this time? They charged £10 more than usual for it and its only like 4-5 hours long.

Thankfully I pirated it.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
EPIC

I've been a huge fan of this series forever, since Finest Hour/Big Red One.............I'm glad to see it succeed, since it'll bring CoD7, presumably

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
That is a shame, personally I found most of the games boring after a first few missions, the latest one especially and what the hell is up with the single player being so short this time? They charged £10 more than usual for it and its only like 4-5 hours long.

Thankfully I pirated it.

No one plays Call of Duty for the single player. Sure, you'll give it a run through but odds are you'll only touch it again for achievements. And the Wii version doesn't have achievements so...

Call of Duty is a multiplayer game, plain and simple.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Hadrian said:

Thankfully I pirated it.

No one plays Call of Duty for the single player. Sure, you'll give it a run through but odds are you'll only touch it again for achievements. And the Wii version doesn't have achievements so...

Call of Duty is a multiplayer game, plain and simple.
I have it for PC and our version is fucked for multiplayer especially with the cheaters.

Take that away and we've just got a short game.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
luke_c said:
Advice Dog said:
EPIC

I've been a huge fan of this series forever, since Finest Hour/Big Red One.............I'm glad to see it succeed, since it'll bring CoD7, presumably
And 8, 9 and 10.
Nothing good lasts forever HAHAHA

but I think since online was only really popular since 4 they might have some room for improvement/innovation on online.............the Nazi Zombies were definitely a step forward.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Glad to hear that.
I'm a big fan of CoD, remember the launching of CoD 1 like it was yesterday.
I've bought them all actually for the PC, except 4,5 and 6.
I might buy 4 soon though, if I see it somewhere dirt cheap.
Never going to buy 5 and 6 though, especially not since 6 has no dedicated servers and just crappy multiplayer.
Best one is still CoD 2 though
wub.gif

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I buy the CoD games purely for multiplayer (Though I only really own 4, WaW, and MW2, all for the PS3). I never considered playing campaign until WaW since I thought it was going to be really boring, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. If you ask me, MW2 did a good job on the game play for campaign, but as most has said, it is too short. I don't really care much about the story when it comes to FPS', since I'm mainly looking for action. Good to see that the series is doing well, and won't die any time soon. I'm hoping CoD 7 will have some form of zombie survival, as well as putting more focus on it, since the Nazi Zombies in WaW is pretty much left to the player's interpretation at this point (I kind of hate how they did it because it makes it seem like the story is incomplete).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass