OP
Trophies
Website
gitlab.com
XP
Country
United States
About Announcements

This is the new thread where you can view (almost) everything that is going on in the Rock Band Customs Project, whether it be here on GBAtemp, in our GitLab Group, on Discord, or on other sites that we frequent.

Updates

GitLab repository updates will be marked with a bold red header. This includes new branches, new files, changes to existing files, or removal of files. When you see that it's been updated, use git pull on your clone of the repo to add the changes. If you're not using Git, download the new/updated branches and extract to your project folder, letting it overwrite duplicate files.

New and updated GitLab Wiki pages, GitLab Snippets, and other announcements will have a normal-colored bold header, which appears black in the Default GBA theme and white in the Dark/Black themes. These do not require cloning the repo or downloading ZIPs, but are important as they offer new information either never known before, lost in time (i.e. RawkSD), or mentioned on other websites and has been copied/enhanced in RBC.

HarvHouHacker

Christian, Amateur Musician and Wii homebrew User
OP
Trophies
Website
gitlab.com
XP
Country
United States
RawkSD Stable version 3 (i.e. RawkSD RBCP version First Edition (working title)) is Coming to the Rock Band Customs Project!

Edition(s): Rock Band 2 - Platform(s): Wii, Wii Family Edition, Wii Mini, vWii (Wii U's Wii Mode)

For those of you who have Rock Band 2 for Wii collecting dust on a gaming shelf somewhere, get ready to take it down and dust it off, especially if you want to help out with the RawkSD code! Thanks to @AerialX and his GitHub repo, the (ancient) codebase for the RawkSD beta v3 has now been imported into the GitLab group we maintain! This is the first step of making RawkSD stable v3 a reality!

For those who don't know, RawkSD was developed as a way to inject custom-made songs into Rock Band 2 on the Wii when Rock Band 2 was the latest and greatest version of the series. RakwSD version 2 and earlier required the user to patch IOS 37, one of the critical system files that the Wii relies on to run games (Newbie hacker tip! The Wii uses NAND partitions, similar to smartphones and other dedicated devices, and the same format is also used on the Wii U. On Wii-like devices, the NAND system can be manipulated by patching the IOS system files). RawkSD version 3 was being developed as a way to avoid patching, and could have possibly worked on the Wii U's Wii Mode (or vWii) as well, but about that time, Rock Band 3 was released by Harmonix, and interest in hacking Rock Band 2 waned.

Thus, we are stuck with two versions - RawkSD 2 which requires patching and thus can't work on vWii, and RawkSD 3 beta which only works if you set your system clock back before January 2011. However, now that we have the code, it's very possible that we may be able to create a stable version of RawkSD version 3 without the need to set the clock back!

The Rock Band Customs Project Needs Developers!

So, now comes the question - "Harvey, why aren't you modifying this?" Well, to be perfectly honest, my life is so busy that I haven't got time to program. So, what does this mean? My project is in desperate need of coders! I need people who have or is willing to make GitLab accounts, can join my group, and knows how to code. Will YOU help me out?

Take a look at the RawkSD repo on GitLab! https://gitlab.com/rock-band-customs/rawksd

HarvHouHacker

OP
Trophies
Website
gitlab.com
XP
Country
United States
C3 Purging Time Window Extended

Due to circumstances beyond my control (i.e. the Christmas rush), I am extending the deadline for removing all references to C3 (Rhythm Gaming World and the C3 Database) to December 30th. This will give me plenty of time to finish doing the majority of Christmas, and of course make it easier on others who want to do the same.

Also, I am well aware that the website home page, as well as several pages on the site, look messy and unusable. I'm still trying to work with WSL Ubuntu so I can access the repo files I have locally, instead of cloning them again and taking up precious hard disk space that I need for hacking tools.

RockBiink is coming to RBCP on GitLab!

Edition(s): Rock Band 2, Rock Band 3, The Beatles: Rock Band, Green Day: Rock Band - Platform(s): Wii, Wii Family Edition, Wii Mini, vWii (Wii U's Wii Mode)

I've talked to my buddy StackOverflow0x, requesting for the latest package of his software RockBiink. He has agreed to let his software be bundled with other software in the Wii/vWii repo on GitLab! I'm also trying to get him to send me the latest on others he has developed, including MiloMod. The website will also be changed appropriately to explain better how to use this software once it has been added to the repo.

HarvHouHacker

OP
Trophies
Website
gitlab.com
XP
Country
United States
Rock Together Weekend!

Hey, everyone! Our Discord server is hosting the first of (hopefully) weekly events called Rock Together Weekend! GBAtempers who are members of this group are welcome to join the Rock Band Customs Project on Discord and participate in the event. If you don't have a Discord account, please make one (it's free!) and join our Discord server. You'll find the event in the Events section, or by clicking here: https://discord.gg/DbMaJWgt?event=935320232325689436

Custom Songs are acceptable! If you downloaded a custom song from C3 Database, Google Drive, or elsewhere, you can use it in your multiplayer venue!

All Rock Band editions and consoles supported! Use the official Rock Band Central servers, Wiimmfi, or other common third-party servers, and get rocking! Make sure your title supports multiplayer play - the original Rock Band on some consoles and all Track Packs do not have multiplayer functions.

Stream the action directly to our Discord server! Join the Stream Your Rock voice channel and stream the Rock Band video feed for everyone to see! You can either point your camera at your TV/monitor, or use the screenshare feature if using an emulator, or you have your console's video output hooked directly to your PC.

What are you waiting for? GO ROCK ON!!! :toot::hrth::grog::evil:

Update: This event has ended with no turnout. :(

Last edited by HarvHouHacker,

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: