Homebrew 3.96Gig instead of 3.99Gig

be9ine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've patched quite a few games using Wiigator's patcher and have always come up with 3.99G ISO's that always burn correctly. My understanding is that they should always be this size. I've patched a Mario Kart ISO using the same method, and I've consistently gotten 3.96 Gigs. I searched the forums and only came across one other topic where someone mentions this specific issue. It was suggested that the person simply re-try with no other programs running in the background, whichy is what I have done multiple times to no avail. Has anyone else had this problem? Has anyone tried burning the 3.96G ISO and gotten it to work? I don't want to waste a Verbatim DVD-R if there is anyone who can tell me that it wont work. Thanks in advance. If no one else has tried it, I'll give it a go and then report back so next time someone comes across this problem they'll know what to do. The ISO I have is NTSC-U and will potentially be running on a NTSC-U Wii. Thanks again for any replies.

be9ine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is that just a problem with game compatibility regardless or how it's being patched? I know in the compatibility Wiki it says that people are having trouble with Mario Kart.

chickeneaterguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Mario Kart partition I create is 3.96 and it works as it says it does on the compatibility list. So, there is nothing wrong with it being 3.96 gigs opposed to 3.99

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
want to manually "patch" your ISO?

get WiiScrubber, and save EVERY LAST FILE in the main partition to your desktop, keeping the file structure, and then write the files to a DVD in data mode...

that's all the "patcher" does... just does it a little faster than you could, and puts it into an ISO for you

be9ine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, thanks for the info. I just ended up burning the 3.96 ISO and it has worked so far. As for the compatibility list, I've had some games confirmed as working, that don't work for me. Thanks again for the info!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s