Hacking Homebrew 3.71 M33 Custom Firmware released

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Probably none, since most of them were probably coded for the 1.50 kernal which ISN'T included in this new 3.71 M33 release.

sooner or later the developers will build loaders from scratch to work on the 3.xx kernel so homebrew can run on slim psp,it will happen but takes time.
wink.gif

Lodis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any idea which of these 3 if any work on slim psp m33 3.71 ? thx

snes roms

gba roms

megadrive roms

A version of Snes TYL has been ported to work under 3.XX firmware but it is slower due to the lack of kernel mode access i.e the Media Engine. A version of gpSP has been released that works under 3.XX but it is an unofficial kai version and a port of a Megadrive emulator has been released. Ports will be limited but if emulators are coded for 3.XX they will be able to make use of the same full functions such as the Media Engine and possibly more RAM.

Mooney

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.1emulation.com
XP
Country
United States
I saw some Pandora batteries with mem stick for like $50ish on ebay. That was when they first released the Pandora stuff, so it may be cheaper if there is more competition...
NEVER buy Pandora's Batteries off eBay. It's just too risky. Either make one yourself/have a friend make one, or get Datel's Max Power TOOL (Info here: http://us.codejunkies.com/). It works as a standard battery with the ability to boot the PSP into service mode. Also comes in Fat or Slim PSP flavors.

Nthenorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I saw some Pandora batteries with mem stick for like $50ish on ebay. That was when they first released the Pandora stuff, so it may be cheaper if there is more competition...

NEVER buy Pandora's Batteries off eBay. It's just too risky. Either make one yourself/have a friend make one, or get Datel's Max Power TOOL (Info here: http://us.codejunkies.com/). It works as a standard battery with the ability to boot the PSP into service mode. Also comes in Fat or Slim PSP flavors.
But those Datel ones don't come with the required memory stick do they?

jchen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do sites actually have only the memory stick for sale, And why is it risky, is it the battery might be a "bad" one?

dsbomb

Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
As with anything ebayed, buyer beware.

That said, I've seen a few PSP Slims there already modded with the firmware for only a few bucks (around $30-40) over the retail price. That's perhaps a little less risky. I'll wait until they perfect the Slim unbricker stuff, myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night