Hacking [3.60] System not booting - Safe mode not working [buttons don't respond] Bricked?

Bales

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, that's a tough one. I bought a used vita that cames with firmware 3.6. I jaibreaked it with Henkaku and installed enso. Everything was working great. Today I tried to send some files with USB on vitashell and my vita started crashing (a black screen appeared and said that vita had to be turned off (an error has occurred ps vita system will be powered off [******]) So I decided to rebuild my vita database (format it), and my vita crashes on boot (the molecular icon appears, then the sony interactive logo appears and then the error "an error has occurred ps vita system will be powered off" appears). When I try to use Safe mode my vita freezes (the safe mode screen appears, but the buttons dont work) I could make it work one time but it freezed soon as I starded sliding on the menu. Any Ideas? Is my vita dead?

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi, that's a tough one. I bought a used vita that cames with firmware 3.6. I jaibreaked it with Henkaku and installed enso. Everything was working great. Today I tried to send some files with USB on vitashell and my vita started crashing (a black screen appeared and said that vita had to be turned off (an error has occurred ps vita system will be powered off [******]) So I decided to rebuild my vita database (format it), and my vita crashes on boot (the molecular icon appears, then the sony interactive logo appears and then the error "an error has occurred ps vita system will be powered off" appears). When I try to use Safe mode my vita freezes (the safe mode screen appears, but the buttons dont work) I could make it work one time but it freezed soon as I starded sliding on the menu. Any Ideas? Is my vita dead?

Tried without mem card?

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes, same problem

what did you do with it copy plugin or sth?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

try this boot console holding L trigger.

Code:
yifanlu
I pushed a hotfix to HENkaku. Holding L now skips shell plugins as well. Also you can hold L before launching any application to skip user plugins for that application. Go to henkaku.xyz/go/ to update (possible even if ensō is installed) and then reboot for the ch

Reactions: Bales

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also what did you copy to vita and to you remember where u copied the files to

There’s a button combo for battery disconnect. U can try that. I don’t remember it off hand. I think in one of my old threads I posted it. I had button issues with my vita. Only touchscreen and power worked

I think hold power , ps button , L trigger and select and start at same time. For 15 to 30 seconds. Do when u have vita on so can see when disconnects. Then let combo go and then press and hold power to power on. See what happens.

Last edited by Tri-Z,
Reactions: Bales and wiewiec

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Also what did you copy to vita and to you remember where u copied the files to

There’s a button combo for battery disconnect. U can try that. I don’t remember it off hand. I think in one of my old threads I posted it. I had button issues with my vita. Only touchscreen and power worked

I think hold power , ps button , Land R trigger and select and start at same time. For 15 to 30 seconds. Do when u have vita on so can see when disconnects. Then let combo go and then press and hold power to power on. See what happens.

Good to know this key combo, because maybe will fix my problems with my OLED Vita - since it always discharges to blinking orange :/

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to know this key combo, because maybe will fix my problems with my OLED Vita - since it always discharges to blinking orange :/

Another thing to check is if buttons r stuck. L and R triggers sometimes the glue melts when vita is hot and makes it so there’s constant contact. Which would interfere with other buttons not being recognized. I’ve seen other threads about that and YouTube vids when I had a problem months ago.
One of my issues was left joystick leaked out a lube like stuff and was shorting out that side of board. I got a parts vita and changed joystick and the left board. But the ribbon that connects that board to center board had residue on it so it was conducting properly. I switch ribbon. Then also had to make sure ribbon was lined up perfectly when snapped it in or buttons were all crazy and not functioning properly

Edit:

keycombo for disconnecting the battery, hold ps+select+start+L+powerbutton for 15 seconds

Last edited by Tri-Z,

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Another thing to check is if buttons r stuck. L and R triggers sometimes the glue melts when vita is hot and makes it so there’s constant contact. Which would interfere with other buttons not being recognized. I’ve seen other threads about that and YouTube vids when I had a problem months ago.
One of my issues was left joystick leaked out a lube like stuff and was shorting out that side of board. I got a parts vita and changed joystick and the left board. But the ribbon that connects that board to center board had residue on it so it was conducting properly. I switch ribbon. Then also had to make sure ribbon was lined up perfectly when snapped it in or buttons were all crazy and not functioning properly

Edit:

keycombo for disconnecting the battery, hold ps+select+start+L+powerbutton for 15 seconds

Key combo works tested it on my Slim Vita, my problem with OLED one was after it stay discharged for about month - tested all methods like phisicly disconnect battery (it was noticed on between 3.57 firmware and 3.60 - 3.57 was known as have problems with battery), I posted about this problem on Wololo and here... everyone told me that my battery was broken - but I stated in thread that I tested few batteries and all charges fine but after normal discharge it causes everytimie charging from blinking oragne. Hell even this discharges after 2 days sitting in OFF position. Vita Ident shows battery cycles, but strange is that cycles stays same for all batteries that I've tested. Cycles are little bit above 100 - even searching for a help, because i think that it could be problem with cycles and wanna test if there is an option to reset cycles count... (battery probably not have electronic circuit with parameters for system (it uses 3 wires + - and probably ground). So bought Slim Vita and OLED Vita still with case not solved :/

Bales

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

try this boot console holding L trigger.

Code:
yifanlu
I pushed a hotfix to HENkaku. Holding L now skips shell plugins as well. Also you can hold L before launching any application to skip user plugins for that application. Go to henkaku.xyz/go/ to update (possible even if ensō is installed) and then reboot for the ch

I booted it holding L and it started working again ;D

Last edited by Bales,
Reactions: wiewiec

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Key combo works tested it on my Slim Vita, my problem with OLED one was after it stay discharged for about month - tested all methods like phisicly disconnect battery (it was noticed on between 3.57 firmware and 3.60 - 3.57 was known as have problems with battery), I posted about this problem on Wololo and here... everyone told me that my battery was broken - but I stated in thread that I tested few batteries and all charges fine but after normal discharge it causes everytimie charging from blinking oragne. Hell even this discharges after 2 days sitting in OFF position. Vita Ident shows battery cycles, but strange is that cycles stays same for all batteries that I've tested. Cycles are little bit above 100 - even searching for a help, because i think that it could be problem with cycles and wanna test if there is an option to reset cycles count... (battery probably not have electronic circuit with parameters for system (it uses 3 wires + - and probably ground). So bought Slim Vita and OLED Vita still with case not solved :/

Weird. My problem with my oled vita on 3.60 hen enso all started when battery fully drained and I went to charge and turned it on as soon as it would let me. It started wigging out. Ps button light was blinking and acting strange. I had opened vita and found little puddle of liquid under joystick. I thought joystick leaked lube cause in hardware test app it should it was stuck to the right. But that could have been the fluid was in contacts where ribbon was and was messing with conductivity giving false movements. I ended up buying parts vita. Replaced joystick. That didn’t totally fix it. Ended up changing out the ps button circuit board and the ribbon that connects it to the center board and that was it. Must have gotten shorted out or residue in contacts that I couldn’t get clean. After that I left vita in standby and battery will hold its charge for long time. If I full power off it would be dead quick

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Weird. My problem with my oled vita on 3.60 hen enso all started when battery fully drained and I went to charge and turned it on as soon as it would let me. It started wigging out. Ps button light was blinking and acting strange. I had opened vita and found little puddle of liquid under joystick. I thought joystick leaked lube cause in hardware test app it should it was stuck to the right. But that could have been the fluid was in contacts where ribbon was and was messing with conductivity giving false movements. I ended up buying parts vita. Replaced joystick. That didn’t totally fix it. Ended up changing out the ps button circuit board and the ribbon that connects it to the center board and that was it. Must have gotten shorted out or residue in contacts that I couldn’t get clean. After that I left vita in standby and battery will hold its charge for long time. If I full power off it would be dead quick

Strange what actually leak? Mine stays always in etui when not used... Have option that some one told me that it could be caused by 3G/Wifi board - i need new set of screwdrivers because this screw is very tiny and also very mounted very tight

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had issues with screws tight. Had to find just the right screw driver.
My oled was a reg just WiFi one. The parts one I found that I took the ps button board from was a 3G oled vita

And idk for sure the leak but it def was from the vita and not anything from me. I keep vita in hardshell case. Liquid residue was on underside of joystick. It’s got a thin metal plate under the stick. I assumed the joystick it came from cause it was stuck like it was being pressed right in hardware test app. But that could do with the ribbon contacts with liquid residue on them. My battery has been fine so I don’t think liquid came from that. I only put vita in standby now when not using.
I assumed it was joystick lubrication. Was a puddle the size of USA dime coin.
In the end I found a lot of info out from trial and error with having vita opened up and turning it on and adjusting the ribbon in the clamp

After I changed board , ribbon, and joystick my vita has been perfect since. I’ve since updated to 3.65 hen enso

Last edited by Tri-Z,
Reactions: wiewiec

Bales

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Then examine plugins - because one of them could cause this problem
Ok!, I observed that the error began when I connected the USB cable to vita. It started searching for PS3 and an error appeared that PS3 was not connected. Than VitaShell started giving the error that makes vita turn off. After that, I uninstalled VitaShell and Molecular gave the error too. So I formated the SD and then all the error occurred.

Last edited by Bales,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb