Hacking 3.55 TN-V11 Install Guide (No PS3 or Previous Hack Necessary) PS-TV or VITA

Zephyrrx15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what youtube video did you use?
I can't speak for that person but if you search up Rohit Saini on Youtube he has a few guides which clarify a ton of things so check that out :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I got this to work so I'd like to thank every single person who helped me figure this out. I love my Vita even more now and I get to enjoy the games I had as a kid :D

obs123194

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't speak for that person but if you search up Rohit Saini on Youtube he has a few guides which clarify a ton of things so check that out :D

oh yeah I was going to follow that guy. XD

I got this to work so I'd like to thank every single person who helped me figure this out. I love my Vita even more now and I get to enjoy the games I had as a kid :D
ps1 emulation I heard is bad on the 3.55 exploit?

Zephyrrx15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh yeah I was going to follow that guy. XD

ps1 emulation I heard is bad on the 3.55 exploit?
Yeah that's what I've heard. PSP emulation is perfect for me and I'm about to try out emulation of GBA games once I figure it out. From what I've seen PS1 emulation is iffy, and only works with a few games. But there's no harm in trying it out.

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah that's what I've heard. PSP emulation is perfect for me and I'm about to try out emulation of GBA games once I figure it out. From what I've seen PS1 emulation is iffy, and only works with a few games. But there's no harm in trying it out.

PS1 emulation on TN-V uses PEOPS which trades off speed in order to run with both sound and video. For example, FF7 slows down in battles, THPS2 the sound and graphics get choppy when there's more stuff on screen. TN-X is far superior but you're on too new a firmware to try it, sadly. GBA emulation using gPSP is great however, just got that installed on my main Vita a week or so ago via TN-V and no problems.

Entonghibang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for my noob question, Im so confused here :sad:, already done intalling TNV 11 on fw 3.55 but I dont have ARK, is it possible to install ONEmenu even without ARK? I've gathered information on the net and all I see was on TNV 11 But Fw 3.50, is it the same? will onemenu also work on fw 3.55? thanks

royant1

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hi there, i'm about to get my vita today (3.55). After I go thru this process, can i delete the game? For now i will only have 1gb (internal) and would like to have enough space for at least one psp game. Thanks!

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, i'm about to get my vita today (3.55). After I go thru this process, can i delete the game? For now i will only have 1gb (internal) and would like to have enough space for at least one psp game. Thanks!
You cannot. Besides the fact that 3.57 is now the latest firmware and you need a PS3 to transfer... After exploiting, the exploited bubble with TN-V/ARK essentially replaces the base game, so it takes the same amount of space as the exploitable game. If you delete it, you lose access to the exploit. Mimana is ~400mb if I remember correctly, so that still leaves some space for a small PSP game or two. Still, you're definitely going to want to get a memory card as soon as possible, with or without hacks.

Snowhufs

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry my English is not very good and I did not use PSP for few years so I could not get all the terms like VHBL or Emu, etc.
I've just got ps vita 1k fw 3.55, i bought Mima game and successfull installed TNV-11 to my vita. Also connected Vita to Pc by QCMA. But there is only 1 thing I could not do is to transfer psp ISO/CSO game to vita and make it appears in TNV.

I tried all the ways, can anyone please guide me in very simple steps so I can do it. Thank you so much

Bratos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how do i get mimana chronicals on my vita without updating the firmware?I need to install the latest firmware to be able to use the psn store.
any help will be appreciated.
vita running 3.55
ps3 running 4.76

Last edited by Bratos,

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
It's not too difficult, you need a PS3 to download the exploit game, put the Vita in flight mode, reboot it, then use the qCMA trick on PC/Mac to skip the firmware update nag and transfer the game from the PS3 to the Vita via USB. Obviously both the Vita and PS3 need to be on the same PSN account.

Bratos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's not too difficult, you need a PS3 to download the exploit game, put the Vita in flight mode, reboot it, then use the qCMA trick on PC/Mac to skip the firmware update nag and transfer the game from the PS3 to the Vita via USB. Obviously both the Vita and PS3 need to be on the same PSN account.

Wow. Thanks it worked. It was so simple. Have a good one

grafate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little background I never had a psp or vita before. Was a nintendo person since it was better suited for both my kids and myself. So I have alot of games for myself and kids to try out for both libraries and had a few question and possibly ask for advice on what to do with the psn.

1) If I wanted to play both retroarch for emulators and also psp would I go with ARK or TN-V?

2) Since I the vita I got is on 3.55 OFW I will go buy the Mimana game. I have a PS3 on latest firmware and have our main PSN attached. But I wanted this Vita to be fresh so would those advise I just create a new PSN and buy it on that?

3) Does the Vita act like a 3ds where it never updates automatically without asking for permission first? Just don't want to go to latest 3.57 right now since most things are blocked.

Thanks

D

Deleted User

A little background I never had a psp or vita before. Was a nintendo person since it was better suited for both my kids and myself. So I have alot of games for myself and kids to try out for both libraries and had a few question and possibly ask for advice on what to do with the psn.

1) If I wanted to play both retroarch for emulators and also psp would I go with ARK or TN-V?

2) Since I the vita I got is on 3.55 OFW I will go buy the Mimana game. I have a PS3 on latest firmware and have our main PSN attached. But I wanted this Vita to be fresh so would those advise I just create a new PSN and buy it on that?

3) Does the Vita act like a 3ds where it never updates automatically without asking for permission first? Just don't want to go to latest 3.57 right now since most things are blocked.

Thanks
1) You can use either, but I prefer using TN-V.

2) Use your PS3 to buy Mimina, then transfer it to your Vita, which also activates it in the process. Ah, also don't go making a new PSN account. Use the same PSN account for both devices!!

3) It has update nags all over the place if you're not on the latest, and you can't really circumvent it at the moment, but yes, it will never update without your permission. (I don't know if it downloads the update file in the background or not just like the 3DS does, but it probably doesn't...)

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country

Thanks

The skinny on emulation is, for most things the ePSP side is better, as with Voxel I'd use TN-V for the full PSP like experience with XMB. PicoDrive for Genesis emulation, gPSP for GBA titles and MAME4ALL if you want your old school arcade fix.

You can use Snes9xTYLcm (don't use the MECM version, it'll crash) for SNES emulation on the ePSP side but I always found it weak - it's a shame you're on 3.55 not 3.51 or below because the SNES emulation using RetroArch CATSFC emulator via Rejuvenate exploit is far superior, a lot of games will run full speed without needing to do palette hacks and other stuff as you would running SNES emulation using the Vita ePSP side.

Sadly the Genesis/GBA emulators via RetroArch on Rejuvenate are nowhere near as mature and in my experience even stuff like Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Pokemon LeafGreen lags like crazy with glitchy sound, which is a shame because the actual graphic quality is miles better seeing as it's running at native Vita resolution of 960x544 with the Vita doing hardware upscaling to produce a sharper image than any ePSP side stuff.

Lunatics

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is this game still exploitable and not patched? I have a 3.55 Vita and previously had other versions of TN running on it with other older exploits but since had updated it. I am going to be going away in a couple weeks and will be bringing my Vita and was going to update it to sync trophies and use remoteplay, but if it's still possible to use this exploit I might stick with 3.55 for now instead.

I'm a bit upset that I updated my Vita and seemed to have missed a window when things were really good and had good PS1 emulation which is the thing I care most about. I have a friend who got a Vita around launch and I'm sure has never really updated it or anything. Assuming he logged into it once with his PSN account, it should be possible to get games over to it correct? Maybe I could snag that from him for an ideal hacked Vita for everything.

Last edited by Lunatics,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol