3.4U Soft Mod

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by vodoochild81, Aug 9, 2009.

Aug 9, 2009

3.4U Soft Mod by vodoochild81 at 10:09 AM (948 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. vodoochild81
    OP

Member vodoochild81 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey guys, Im new to the scene. I installed the home-brew channel fine. I went to load a back up and I got an error. I believe i need to install the Cioso...My basic question is there a way to run the latest and greatest wii games on 3.4u? Is it it the same process for my firmware? Should I downgrade? I am a little confused as to what needs to be dun to the wii menu system. Thanks.

2. HiBit

Member HiBit GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    First of all install bootmii as boot2 if possible and make a NAND backup.

Than upgrade your Wii to 4.1, use Trucha Bug Restorer to get trucha in IOS36, install cIOS rev. 14 and than use a loader like neogamma, usb loader gx or something else.

Btw, these are basics, you can find it thousand times in this forum. [​IMG]

3. vodoochild81
    OP

United States
    Thanks! I know the info is out there, but its easier to get a dialogue as everyones systems are different. Should I upgrade to 4.1 through Nintendo? Wont that be dangerous for my homebrew channel is installed.

4. HiBit

Member HiBit GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Yes, upgrade through Nintendo is easy and it work without cIOS. Also there is no risk for your hbc.

Btw, if you lost the hbc you can reinstall it with bannerbomb, and on the same way you can install bootmii(please try to install it as boot2 and make a NAND backup! It's not for me and no joke, it's for you/your Wii. With bootmii as boot2 you are safe).

Edit:
    DL for bootmii(hbc 1.0.3 included):
    http://bootmii.org/download

5. vodoochild81
    OP

United States
    Yea I did do the NAND back up, as well as boot 2. I read about that how you can restore off it. thanks though. I just am really confused as to use Trucha Bug Restorer. Do you have a link to a really good simple tutorial. I found this...

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=165...p;#entry2099068

Is this application just creating the WAD file needed to load the CIOSO? If there is a full tutorial of the process you told me that would be awesome too. thanks.

6. HiBit

Member HiBit GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    If you have a wifi connection there is no need to get the wad files with NUSD.

You can use this way:
    Otherwise your link is the answer.

Edit:
    Sorry, that was the wrong quote. [​IMG]

In TBR you can use a network connection, use this instead the wad files.