Hacking 3.4U HBC Installed OK 1 ISO (10 Pin Alley 2 ISO) Backup works fine, bu

gomez73

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3.4U HBC Installed OK. 1 ISO (10 Pin Alley 2 ISO) Backup works fine, but I tried Facebreakers KO party, and Spiderman Friend or foe, and both load and I can play, but the games look black and white, and it almost looks like 3D movies without glasses. Is this a resolution problem, my TV only goes to 480p, I had no problems playing/loading 10 pin alley, but theres also not much going on as far as movement, so I thought the resolution may be higher on FBKO or SMFF, can I change or force some settings?

I have 3.4U. I thought about downgrading, but all I am concerned with is preserving my games, now that the backups play, I just need to find out if there is a setting that I am missing. My games will only load using the gamma loader, and I dont change any settings, I am just selecting load game.And as I said 10 pin alley 2 loads and plays just fine.
Any help would be appreciated.

gomez73

Also I am trying my first dump using Zeld@, ( currently @ 54% ) , do I need to rename the ISO, and\or patch it, or can I just use ImgBurn and slip it back in?
Thanks again. this forum has been a great resource, great minds, and a wealth of knowledge. Have fun everyone.

gomez73

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks blaster thats exactly what my problem was, I chose it to force NTSC and Gamma Loader kicked them off, so far I've had 3 attempts and 3 successes on burning and playing, Thanks in big part to the instructions on this forum, I feel a little foolish to have gotten that far to have the region throw me for a loop, the games all play great.

Ihave also successfully used wiihttp+isodump to dump Zeld@, and it named it do-wii-sl.iso, do I need to worry about what I name the ISO or does the Gamma Loader care what the name is.

I have 3.4U, had NO problems installing the HBC, and got the capability to put the 65$ game back in the box, and I will now happilly make another copy should my kids coaster one that I had a hand in making.
Thanks again for the quick help Wiiblaster

Oh yeah I don't have a mod chip in the wii, I love softhacks.
Does starfall work with v3.4u, I have only seen people with 3.2 discuss/recomend it?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
gomez73 said:
I have also successfully used wiihttp+isodump to dump Zeld@, and it named it do-wii-sl.iso, do I need to worry about what I name the ISO or does the Gamma Loader care what the name is.

it doesn't matter what name the file has, the info of the title ID is inside the file and the launcher reads it from there

thongcao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so Gomers! R U using gamma loader on firmware 3.4u? r u downgrade before and update to 3.4u? because I have a 3.4u wii with no modchip too. Should I downgrade to 3.2 1st?? or just go ahead and install HBC to work on DVD backup games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free