3.4J Wii + Wiikey2 != Okami/No More Heroes

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by abd08, Dec 24, 2008.

Dec 24, 2008
  1. abd08
    OP

Newcomer abd08 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi All,

I have a 3.4J Wii and Wiikey2. Using 3 different burn speeds (x2, x4, x8) w/verify on Sony DVD-R, Okami (USA) and No More Heroes (USA) give an error message which translates roughly to:

"An error has occured. Press the eject button, remove the disk, press the power button to power off, and then follow the guide in the user manual."

I have never installed the HBC etc, just the Wiikey2 w/clip. Strangely enough (to me at least), Mario Kart PAL (original game disc) works with no problems. [​IMG]

Thanks
    Raj

2. lll

Member lll GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Try installing the Homebrew Channel and running those discs through GeckoOS (not the backup launchers). The region free inbuilt into chips only works for about 70% of discs - the rest of the time, you'll need software to help it along.

I'm assuming, of course, that you've got the Wiikey2's region patching enabled - you can confirm and change the setting with the config/update disc. For it to work, I think the first disc you inserted after the chip was installed must have been an own-region (i.e. PAL) original.

3. wolffangalchemist

Member wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    this is why i'm getting a D2sun ver3.05 cuz you set the region and drive type on the chip first hand. :/
    yeah get gecko os and install it then try running through it post back results.

4. lll

Member lll GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I got a Wiikey2 because the D2Sun v2 I bought was defective - with the fiddly little DIP switches to set the two cables going it took me a while to figure out that no, I wasn't doing anything wrong and yes, I'd received a dud. There's a lot to be said for a Wiikey2+Wiiclip's simple "plug it on the chip, stick in your Wii Sports and you're done" approach. Only thing a D2Sun's really got over a Wiikey2 is the external switch.

5. wolffangalchemist

Member wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    i think the switch is a good idea especially when you don't have any ntsc j wii games like me and your wii is japan, well by my fault it is cuz i dabbled in the dark side (it was ntsc u).
    i'm not dissing the wiikey2 its a admirable chip.
    they have wii clips for d2sun thats what I'm getting a pre soldered one.
    i think the switches are a good idea but they should combo with the on/off switch for on the fly region changing and so you don't break the chippy switching them around.

6. abd08
    OP

Newcomer abd08 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Thanks for all the replies. I got HBC installed using the Beta2 Twilight hack, and installed 1.07b to my SD card.

With region patching turned on the Wiikey2, Okami and Rayman Rabbids TV party I still get exactly the same problems.

Have searched around, but can't seem to find anything definitive... can I confirm then that I have to downgrade to 3.2J to get these titles working? Am getting SSB/Animal Crossing Japanese version in a week!