Hacking 3.2u with Starfall won't load PunchOut.

rklamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

So yeah, I haven't done anything with my Wii in awhile, since Starfall, at least. That was a good six months ago, though, or something like that.

Anyway, a friend brought over a legit copy of PunchOut today, and when we turned it on to play, it got past the intro video but the game doesn't load past that.

I've got Starfall installed to bypass the update protection. Is this a problem, or is it because the firmware is so old? Like I said, it's 3.2u.

I'm fully willing to upgrade to the latest firmware, but I want to keep my Wii softmodded. What's a good tutorial to use to upgrade from 3.2u to 4.0u? Also, will having Starfall installed cause the game to screw up? If you don't recommend going to 4.0, what should I do?

Thanks!

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before updating unnecessarily, try running the game through GeckoOS 1.9, it should work that way. What region console do you have?

pm_41

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Why are you still on 3.2? Use wankinko's updater to update to 4.1. That way, you enjoy all of the new features/bugfixes and still keep your mods.

Oh, and btw, make sure to install Preloader for brick protection (sorry, no hacks yet).
smile.gif

rklamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Bubbleboy -- I tried GeckoOS 1.91 just now, and I get this message:

QUOTE said:
This Game Requires IOS 53 Install IOS53-64-v4113.wad?"

Press A to Install or B to Cancel

Is this okay to do? Will it screw anything up?

@pm_41: Got any linkage for me for the Waninkiko updater? As I said, I'm a bit behind with the times with this.
smile.gif
Thanks.

pm_41

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
rklamer said:
@Bubbleboy -- I tried GeckoOS 1.91 just now, and I get this message:

QUOTE said:
This Game Requires IOS 53 Install IOS53-64-v4113.wad?"

Press A to Install or B to Cancel

Is this okay to do? Will it screw anything up?

@pm_41: Got any linkage for me for the Waninkiko updater? As I said, I'm a bit behind with the times with this.
smile.gif
Thanks.
SUPER LINKY AWAY!!!
tongue.gif

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pm_41 said:
Why are you still on 3.2? Use wankinko's updater to update to 4.1. That way, you enjoy all of the new features/bugfixes and still keep your mods.

Oh, and btw, make sure to install Preloader for brick protection (sorry, no hacks yet).
smile.gif

Why not point him to update to 4.0U and KEEP the hacks for updating..etc? Updating to 4.1 right now is downright useless. I would at the very least *wait* for startpatch or similar hacks to be updated before updating to this very minor release. Poor advice....as is that sig glorifying IE
unsure.gif

Anyway, I ran this game on 3.2U awhile back and it ran just fine there too, so I don't know what the deal is on your end.

You can update to 4.0U, but you can no longer use Starfall. After you update (using Waninkoko's 4.0 firmware updater) get ahold of startpatch and re-apply the hacks you want/need. If you can install bootmii as boot2, do that and create a NAND backup before you do any updating. You can go the preloader route if you wish after the update, but I don't recommend it. I've seen more bricks occur from preloader installs than anything else. And no, preloader does not provide substantial brick protection. It resides in the same space as the system menu. I guess you can imagine what happens when that is wiped out...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs