Gaming 3.2u update?

Rice923

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have recently updated my Wii on the SSBB disk, which is working fine now. I went back to check my Wii firmware, but it still says 3.1u. Do I need to connect to the internet to get the 3.2u update, or is the SSBB update supposed to be it? My current details are 3.1u Wii firmware, 1.9g wiikey firmware, on an NTSC-U Wii. And I recently read on the front page that there is a new update that could potentially prevent back up games from working, so I wanted to get a clear answer before I update anything right now.

PS. What does the 3.1u to 3.2u update change from before?

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The SSBB update is not 3.2 ... it is an additional update, that will not change your version number.

However, going by what is being said right now, you'd be best off not updating your console, at the present time ... if all your games are working, then just stick with what you have, update-wise.

Rice923

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thebobevil said:
The SSBB update is not 3.2 ... it is an additional update, that will not change your version number.

However, going by what is being said right now, you'd be best off not updating your console, at the present time ... if all your games are working, then just stick with what you have, update-wise.

ah I see. So what significant changes come about in 3.2u, as compared to 3.1 u anyways? Also, is it safe to connect my Wii to the internet so that I can get the weather and things of that sort? I'm afraid that If I connect, my system would mysteriously update and ruin itself.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rice923 said:
thebobevil said:

ah I see. So what significant changes come about in 3.2u, as compared to 3.1 u anyways? Also, is it safe to connect my Wii to the internet so that I can get the weather and things of that sort? I'm afraid that If I connect, my system would mysteriously update and ruin itself.

Just don't leave yourself connected with Connect24 ... just go online when you are there, so to speak ... and refuse any updates that appear.

Rice923

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. I guess I'll just leave myself unconnected, since weather and whatnot are not all that important to me. Everything on my Wii is working great right now so I'll just settle with it. Thanks thebobevil for clearing things up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c