Hacking 3.2u Semi-Bricked. How to unbrick it?

mwaddoups

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait wait wait wiiscrubber 1.2 supports that? God-dammit, I really need to keep up with the stuff available in the Wii scene. Ignore my last post then I guess, thats definitely a better method ^^. My cleaner method didn't work either.

EDIT: That didn't work as it still errors replacing the file. If anyone wants to try replacing the fst.bin in one of the games I listed earlier with this one: http://rapidshare.com/files/113708776/fst.bin.html, and replacing the WiiSystemMenu file after re-opening the iso, let me know how it goes.

The usual - I take no responsibility if this causes problems, as the sizes of shopping and weather channels (which you should have highest version if at 3.0) have been changed and ARE wrong. If this causes corruption or bricking, I take no responsibility. If you want to edit the _update.inf to remove the entries for those channels to be safe, that will probably work.

canli

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
nysid said:
first u need to extract update.inf then replace the wiisystemmenu wad

unsure.gif

Have I missed something? It still doesn't work..

Replacing the WiiSystemmenu wad 257 from SSBB to Naruto PAL give me an error 6.
Replacing the update.inf (extracted) of SSBB and tried to Naruto PAL and it gave me an error 4 (file much be equal or smaller...)

thanks for your help

mwaddoups

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you get error 6 its just some weird trucha error - extract the file your trying to replace anywhere, then try to replace it again, the error goes away. You don't need to replace update.inf afaik.

gamidi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
how big is that freaking rvl-systemmenu 256? i remember that 258 is 24 mb and 257 is 21 mb so it fits perfectly. Maybe replacing 258 with an older version of the jap systemmenu that is below 24 mb works?

mwaddoups

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It is only just over 24mb, its not much bigger. You could get v224 from SMG JAP though I dont know how big that is, and whether it would cause problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night