Gamemaster1379

OP
Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Title says it all--but to reiterate here: I have recently purchased a Borderlands 2 Vita and am eager to use it for modding purposes. That I understand, there are already a series of PSP native hacks and vulnerabilities that can be used (I am interested in hearing about these), but I am also interested in the Vita native hacks. I understand there are a handful, of which Henkaku is the most recent. Henkaku seems preferable as it allows for native filesystem access (I assume the older ones such as Rejuventate do not?). However, it seems henkaku requires 3.60 native and the others are 3.55 and lower?

I don't want to impulsively update and forfeit older hacks that may offer more for me (ideally I want to hold out for backup loaders -- but if it's a moot point and henkaku offers failsafe or firmware patches, I would rather this).

What is the best course of action with this unit?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want PSP and PS1 games best firmware is 3.18, you will have a variety of neat things you can do:

1) TN-V/ARK will allow you to play PSP games and PSP homebrews, there are some nice PSP emulators but are restricted to ehat the PSP can do.

2) TN-X will allow you to play PS1 games with %100 accurate audio.

3.60 on the other hand will give you HENkaku, a native vita hack so emulators and homebrews run natively with a lot more power, really easy to set up and use but since HENkaku is a new hack things are still developing, don't expect to be playing N64 games just yet.

You can forget rejuvenate all together, is old, complicated and has zero benefits over HENkaku.

Reactions: reprep and zfreeman

dekuleon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you want PSP and PS1 games best firmware is 3.18, you will have a variety of neat things you can do:

1) TN-V/ARK will allow you to play PSP games and PSP homebrews, there are some nice PSP emulators but are restricted to ehat the PSP can do.

2) TN-X will allow you to play PS1 games with %100 accurate audio.

3.60 on the other hand will give you HENkaku, a native vita hack so emulators and homebrews run natively with a lot more power, really easy to set up and use but since HENkaku is a new hack things are still developing, don't expect to be playing N64 games just yet.

You can forget rejuvenate all together, is old, complicated and has zero benefits over HENkaku.

That's what I did! I'm very tempted to use Henkaku but my 3.18 is perfect!! :)

Reactions: guisadop

Gamemaster1379

OP
Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
So 3.18 sounds like my go to option for now. What method would be recommended to updating to 3.18? Or can I do the exploits with 3.15? Are TN-V/ARK and TN-X mutually exclusive?

The upcoming 3.6 sounds very exciting. The extra power for sake of N64 and other emulation will be great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name speaks true :P