Gaming 3.0.2 Switch, but I want Fast RMX

Medveitsi

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The hack is for 3.0.0 and they have private hacks for the latest firmware. If i were you i would just update

Deathscreton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll have to choose one or the other.
Low firmware or Fast RMX?

The struggle I have to face everytime a new console is on the verge of being cracked open. Happened with my Vita, Wii and 3DS. Why can't I have both! D:
I figured this was gonna be the case though. I'll probably just hang out until the hacks are released.

The hack is for 3.0.0 and they have private hacks for the latest firmware. If i were you i would just update

I thought the 4.x updates were pwned up to a point, but weren't usable because the exploit needed was patched? It goes without saying that there's only one patch in between homebrew and OFW, but still.

If you have a Wii U play Fast Racing Neo, it's basically the same game.

Otherwise you have to choose between updating or getting Homebrew / hacks earlier.

Yep, that's the struggle. I was just wondering if someone knew something I hadn't known already. Thanks you guys! :)

LOL I love these whinny as bitching threads

Wow dude. What crawled up your ass and died? No one was bitching, I was asking a question. If you can't answer without being a douche, maybe you should clean the sand out of your vagina, yeah?

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Yep, that's the struggle. I was just wondering if someone knew something I hadn't known already. Thanks you guys! :)

If you wait I think you'll thank yourself in the long run. I'm in the same position as you on 3.0.1, however I only purchased a Switch recently as sooner or later I think it will be hard and a lot more expensive to get an exploitable one. Eventually I do think the Switch will be locked down with a new hardware revision / updated firmware, like the 3DS was after 4.5 for quite a long time and the PS4 after 1.76 until recently. Then you will be like "i'm glad i didn't update".

At present theirs nothing really much i'd play on the Switch which is an exclusive which makes it pretty easy for me not to update. I have Mario Kart 8 and Fast Racing Neo on the Wii U which at this point would be the two main Switch games i'd get if i didn't already own them.

I did purchase Sine Mora though as that's a pretty fun game i'd never owned until now, so my Switch is still getting some use playing that at the moment. However the main game series i'm currently in to at the moment is Pokemon, which is 3DS only for now.

Deathscreton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update even current version will be hacked someday
and there isn't really homebrew or backups atm so not worth it
That's the problem though. If I keep that mindset, I'll be on firmware 6.x when the hack releases and I'll be boned. At this moment, I don't really have a reason to upgrade past getting a few games. I was just hoping this one in particular had a physical release I didn't know about.

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That's the problem though. If I keep that mindset, I'll be on firmware 6.x when the hack releases and I'll be boned. At this moment, I don't really have a reason to upgrade past getting a few games. I was just hoping this one in particular had a physical release I didn't know about.
The reason people give you such shitty answers is simple, there is already a ton of questions, most often "On 3.0.0, want to play Odyssey" or "On 2.3, how can I play Splatoon 2 online". In all those threads people already answered.
In short - CURRENTLY there is no way to access any of Nintendo's online services on lower firmware, nor play a higher firmware game on lower one. The first one may EVENTUALLY be possible, either through fooling the Switch so it reports it's on current firmware (either spoofing or installing modules, on 3DS one could install CVer and NVer from newest version to access services) or something like ctr-httpwn for 3DS that basically skips the version check. The second one is also possible, but will take a LOT of time, as it would require emunand or a hack for higher version.

Deathscreton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason people give you such shitty answers is simple, there is already a ton of questions, most often "On 3.0.0, want to play Odyssey" or "On 2.3, how can I play Splatoon 2 online". In all those threads people already answered.
In short - CURRENTLY there is no way to access any of Nintendo's online services on lower firmware, nor play a higher firmware game on lower one. The first one may EVENTUALLY be possible, either through fooling the Switch so it reports it's on current firmware (either spoofing or installing modules, on 3DS one could install CVer and NVer from newest version to access services) or something like ctr-httpwn for 3DS that basically skips the version check. The second one is also possible, but will take a LOT of time, as it would require emunand or a hack for higher version.

I'm not an idiot, so I'd appreciate you all not treating me like one. I know how these things go, I've been in the scene for years. I can see why people would get my line of questioning incorrectly, my bad, so next time I'll be more clear. I just wanted to know if there was a physical copy of the game that I could obtain. I know the eShop isn't available on lower firmwares. I know there's no way around it, there's no publicly available hacks besides Pegaswitch for 3.x and I know that I either have to wait patiently, or upgrade.

Jesus Christ you guys.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know something you already knew: we can't answer to help you with this "struggle" of yours so you were never going to get an answer in the first place. 2009. Jesus Christ with capitals.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte