2TB drive recommendations?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by KiiNG, Oct 4, 2010.

Oct 4, 2010

2TB drive recommendations? by KiiNG at 10:21 PM (1,741 Views / 1 Likes) 4 replies

1. KiiNG
    OP

Member KiiNG GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Rather to the point.. I'm looking to expand my wii drive-ness into the 2TB universe. Does anyone have any feedback on the Fantom G-Force (GF2000EU)? Problems like sleeping, slow boot, etc..? It'll be a single FAT32 partition setup.

(Or perhaps some other 2TB feedback?) Price isn't really an issue.

EDIT:

Or.. anyone with experience using a dual enclosure (2x2tb)? I know it wont work as jbod (at least I think so) but.. yeah, I'm doing my last hard drive upgrade, so I want to make it count.

1 person likes this.
  2. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
  3. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    yeah i got the 1tb version and it works great, i suppose the 2tb should be no different.

about the size, i said the same thing. why bother with 2tb for wii? 1tb is overkill as it is. unless you want to have a library of tv and movies on there as well, then i could see wanting 2tb.

4. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

Fantom drives always use the same enclosure, just with different Western Digital 3.5" drives inside. Based on the specs the GF2000EU probably uses this one, which has 512 byte sectors and should be fine.

5. Binxy

Member Binxy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I got this one [​IMG] and it works great for loading games but for some reason it wouldn't read the FAT partition of the hard drive. [​IMG]

Edit: Mine is a 2TB.