2TB drive recommendations?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by KiiNG, Oct 4, 2010.

1. KiiNG
    OP

KiiNG GBAtemp Regular

Aug 20, 2009
    United States
    Rather to the point.. I'm looking to expand my wii drive-ness into the 2TB universe. Does anyone have any feedback on the Fantom G-Force (GF2000EU)? Problems like sleeping, slow boot, etc..? It'll be a single FAT32 partition setup.

(Or perhaps some other 2TB feedback?) Price isn't really an issue.

EDIT:

Or.. anyone with experience using a dual enclosure (2x2tb)? I know it wont work as jbod (at least I think so) but.. yeah, I'm doing my last hard drive upgrade, so I want to make it count.

1 person likes this.
  2. soulx

soulx GBAtemp Legend

Apr 4, 2009
    Canada
  3. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

GBAtemp Patron
    VashTS is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    yeah i got the 1tb version and it works great, i suppose the 2tb should be no different.

about the size, i said the same thing. why bother with 2tb for wii? 1tb is overkill as it is. unless you want to have a library of tv and movies on there as well, then i could see wanting 2tb.

4. tueidj

tueidj I R Expert

Jan 8, 2009
    Fantom drives always use the same enclosure, just with different Western Digital 3.5" drives inside. Based on the specs the GF2000EU probably uses this one, which has 512 byte sectors and should be fine.

5. Binxy

Binxy GBAtemp Regular

Aug 21, 2009
    United States
    I got this one [​IMG] and it works great for loading games but for some reason it wouldn't read the FAT partition of the hard drive. [​IMG]

Edit: Mine is a 2TB.