1. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    $70 for the same game as the last gen just with slightly better graphics. sports games are a fucking joke! :rofl2:

Last edited by Bladexdsl, Jul 5, 2020
    TheCasualties and raxadian like this.
  2. nashismo

nashismo GBAtemp Fan

Chile
    Ridiculous, because of currency changes and other shenanigans, in my country is at least 35 to 40% more expensive than in 2013. For example if a game would cost me 35/39 thousand pesos then, now is costing me 56 thousand! That is a HUGE jump in price, because you might not now this, but the dollar price is higher than ever before around the globe, a very strong currency.

So now they are asking 70 for a game? If anything publishers should be selling games CHEAPER adapting to inflation and currency changes. You think this international companies don't know this? They are "already" making more money than before, but they will fall hard. I am expecting it, the PS5 will sell very little, is gonna be laughable.

Last edited by nashismo, Jul 5, 2020
  3. BlastedGuy9905

BlastedGuy9905 where's the updated autopsy report

United States
    Look guys! It's the same game from last year, and the year before, and the year before the year before... Except now it costs more and there's RTX sweat.

4. Dvdxploitr

Dvdxploitr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    AAA titles for $70, I can see that....I mean real AAA titles...I don't count Call of Duty or any other "annual cycle" games to be AAA titles....Games like God of War, Grand Theft Auto, Ghosts of Tsushima...those are AAA games....Those are not games that have "season passes", loot boxes, etc. Here's how I think they SHOULD do it (but I know they won't):

$70 game - no microtransactions, no loot boxes, no "season pass"....DLC can be released but cannot cost more than half the retail price of the game per year (So if you want 2 DLCs at $35 each..you have to release them a year a part...so you better make that DLC good enough to keep players coming back!!)

$60 game - No microtransactions, no loot boxes.."Season pass" can't cost more than $30 a year and DLC can max out at $30 per DLC, no more than 2 DLCs a year and you can't charge for both DLC and Season Pass....

$0-$30 game - Free games can have microtransactions, loot boxes, season passes and DLC all they want....the more they charge (up to $30) the less of this stuff it can have....

Online multiplayer ONLY games shouldn't require Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus...(which they have done pretty good with considering we have Fortnite, Apex, Call of Duty Warzone that do not require the premium membership to play)

5. Cha0tic

Cha0tic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Just came here to read and laugh at all the broke people crying about the $10 and their explanations. Its all about money, and you all are gonna go out spend $70 per game anyway, you'd spend $100 if the games went up to that price

6. cashboxz01

cashboxz01 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'd be willing to pay $70/game if it meant each game was on a flash storage based cartridge ready to play without installation/updates/etc. With how cheap flash storage is, they could make it happen.

7. th3joker

th3joker GBAtemp Fan

United States
    As a person who has worked for 2k vegas branch, i know they are hurting from the failures battleborn and their cluster fuck that is wwe and nba. But their biggest hurdle is finding something to compete with fortnight. And they cant. And i loved when the head of 2k vegas was crying in front of the whole staff about how they are never gonna finacally recover from fortnight. Fuck 2k games. I qa tested borderlands 3 and that was a huge joke

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

2k raising their price is to compensate for the low sales numbers

zfreeman likes this.
  8. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 Dirty Weeb ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

United States
    Will this have an impact on PC prices or just console ports?....

...if it's the latter, expect many to jump ship to PC

fixed that for you, good friend. :)

Last edited by stanleyopar2000, Jul 5, 2020
  9. CTR640

CTR640 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    How about those who are not broke and they use their common sense and will not buy games at $70?

10. Moon164

Moon164 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    Here in Brazil, $1 is equivalent to almost R$ 5.35, a simple $70 game would cost R$ 371 ( this excluding import tax, freight and etc ... )

This has a little high cost for most people in my country, lately it's been very difficult to be a gamer here, for comparison, the Nintendo Switch here is being sold for almost R$ 4000 ( U$ 752 ) the only console around here that manages to keep prices compatible with our market is the Xbox One but that is why it is manufactured in our country, in the case of consoles like Nintendo's or games in general most are imported.

If the price of games increases, the situation with games here will get much worse, even if only $ 10 is little for you, for us here is a lot.

Glyptofane likes this.
  11. tommy1981

tommy1981 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Just wait 6 months and it'll be $5.99. Not many sports games hold their value long.

raxadian and Glyptofane like this.
  12. Sora Takihawa

Sora Takihawa GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    lol most new games (Specially AAA) cost like 60 Euros ...few expections 70 Euros

13. Unity150_magickavoxel

Unity150_magickavoxel GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Canadians already have to pay $80 for newer game

14. Jonna

Jonna Some sort of musician.

Canada
    Just came here to read and sympathize with all the broke people crying about the $10 and their explanations. Its all about money, and you all are gonna go out spend $70 per game anyway, you'd spend $100 if the games went up to that price

Woah, damn, a single word change and the entire post turns into something understanding and humanizing.

TheCasualties likes this.
  15. xdarkmario
    This message by xdarkmario has been removed from public view by linuxares, Jul 6, 2020.
    Jul 6, 2020
  16. PogChampion369

Banned

United States
    Not a fan of this at all, well off to PiratesBay!​

LightyKD likes this.
  17. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    2K better be prepared to keep online servers open for more than two years because seriously, fuck this shit! I guess I be playing my backlog and hoping that online servers for most games stay as active as possible.

18. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Addict

Argentina
    I think the problem is that this game is basically the same one yet they are charging an extra ten bucks.

Plus nothing loses value faster than a sports game, unless the sequel sucks.

19. Jonna

Jonna Some sort of musician.

Canada
    Also the prices of games here in Canada are already $70 - $80 for a new game so we're already used to this sort of price.

20. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Compete with fortnite how? In the sense that netflix were considering it a competitor for attention in general or in the sense that they want to make a similar game and pull focus there?

That said sounds like the better plan is to make good games, something they seem to have forgotten how to do. Something I find particularly amusing as they were the pub for Spec Ops: The Line, a game generally considered the main example of how to do something well whilst not having to dump money in a pit to catch up with the big boys.

21. diggeloid

diggeloid GBAtemp Regular

United States
    They can fuck right off with that, unless of course it means they're removing microtransactions.

CTR640 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - considering, publishers, following