2K Games prices the next-gen version of NBA 2K21 at $70, other publishers considering following suit

nRjOEIz.png

2K Games has the potential to shake up the standard pricing of video games, as NBA 2K21 has been revealed to retail at $69.99 for the Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 versions of the game. This puts the base version of NBA 2K21 at $10 more than the regular price of AAA games, which is quite unusual. 2K Games asserts that the higher-than-average MSRP of the game merely "represents the value of what's being offered: power, speed, and technology that is only possible on new hardware". For the United States, the $59.99 asking price of video games has been commonplace since the mid 2000's, though many other countries have seen the cost of gaming increase throughout more recent years, such as in Canada as of 2015. Meanwhile, in the UK, NBA 2K21 will cost slightly more in that region as well, with the last-gen version priced at £59.99, and the XSX/PS5 release set at £64.99. Whether or not more games will also join this new pricing convention is still unknown, but according to IDG Consulting, other publishers are closely monitoring the reaction to an overall rise in cost for video games, and are considering following suit for future AAA releases.

This year, NBA 2K21 will offer two editions of the game on digital and physical formats - standard and a special Mamba Forever Edition. NBA 2K21 will be available for $59.99** on current-generation platforms; the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X version of NBA 2K21 will be available for $69.99.** NBA 2K21 Mamba Forever Edition will be available for $99.99 for both current and next-generation platforms.** It includes dual-access where purchasing Mamba Forever Edition on either current or next-generation platforms provides a copy of the standard edition game on the other generation at no additional cost, within the same console family. A full breakdown of pre-order details is available at https://nba.2k.com/.

:arrow: Source

SamyKn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
They push people toward piracy and also blame them for something they caused in first place when they target 10000% profit for their shareholders!!!:angry:

The real price is much much cheaper but they wanna milk as much as they can , ffffffffffffff no to that!!!

I don't advocate piracy but in non-EU/US countries like africa or main part of asia or south america with very little money for everyday life, they leave no other option :!:

Last edited by SamyKn,

darky2003

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Belgium
lol, don't really care. I missed the ps4 generation because i was a pc gamer the last 6 years. Now i just start buying 2nd hands ps4 exclusives at really low prices (+-10 -15€ for a game) , and just got a psvr with 2 motion controlles for 180€. Will keep playing my ps4 for the next few years anyway.

SamyKn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
lol, don't really care. I missed the ps4 generation because i was a pc gamer the last 6 years. Now i just start buying 2nd hands ps4 exclusives at really low prices (+-10 -15€ for a game) , and just got a psvr with 2 motion controlles for 180€. Will keep playing my ps4 for the next few years anyway.

I'm a PC gamer too, all my life :grog:
but i can't hold on to my GTX 670 longer , can't run any decent game these days :blink: :wacko:

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm a PC gamer too, all my life :grog:
but i can't hold on to my GTX 670 longer , can't run any decent game these days :blink: :wacko:
I'm a PC gamer my whole life too and one the main reason why I'll not buy any console is because lack of native support for KB+M. I really suck at controllers. Having mods for games on PC is very nice, especially for GTA.

RTX2060 or GTX1660Ti might be a good upgrade but don't know your budget.

Reactions: SamyKn

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm a PC gamer my whole life too and one the main reason why I'll not buy any console is because lack of native support for KB+M. I really suck at controllers. Having mods for games on PC is very nice, especially for GTA.

RTX2060 or GTX1660Ti might be a good upgrade but don't know your budget.
everyone can learn to use a controller lol, i play as well with a mouse/keyboard and controller, its all a matter of giving it even like 1 or 2 months and you become a pro using a controller too.

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
everyone can learn to use a controller lol, i play as well with a mouse/keyboard and controller, its all a matter of giving it even like 1 or 2 months and you become a pro using a controller too.
I know but in my case it's worse. Tendons weak except the thumbs.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's only a matter of time before gaming is just like Netflix anyway.. I played Spider-Man on my PC with a free PS Now trial before they took it off a couple days ago and it felt no different to playing on a PS4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Thank you based Dinoh.