2K announces the formation of a new game studio, set to work on the next BioShock game

04ACD663-705C-46C4-A7C7-8714DAA38FC0.jpeg

2K Games has just announced the formation of a brand new game development studio: Cloud Chamber. Split between two teams in California and Quebec, Canada, the company has been tasked with creating the next entry in the BioShock series. The previous installment, BioShock: Infinite, released back in 2013, to wide acclaim. Kelley Gilmore will be overseeing Cloud Chamber and the upcoming BioShock title as the studio head, having previously worked on series such as Civilization and XCOM. There is no release timeframe for the new BioShock game, though it is very early on, and is planned to be in development for the “next several years”.

:arrow: Source

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have every Bioshock game, and I still haven't been able to beat the first one. Something about it is too slow :/. I always want to get into the game though cuz it seems really cool (feel the same way about the fallout series)

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have every Bioshock game, and I still haven't been able to beat the first one. Something about it is too slow :/. I always want to get into the game though cuz it seems really cool (feel the same way about the fallout series)
The game ain't tht hard mate even on hard level which is the best way to experience these games as for also the extra trophies-go try again and take yr time with the game and get all the weapon upgrades and Plasmids mayb follow a Walkthrough as this series should be in everyone's top 3

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game ain't tht hard mate even on hard level which is the best way to experience these games as for also the extra trophies-go try again and take yr time with the game and get all the weapon upgrades and Plasmids mayb follow a Walkthrough as this series should be in everyone's top 3
It's not the difficulty. Even though I think the game looks really interesting I just can't get myself to keep playing for some reason (I got a little farther than when you get the bee power then lost my save)

Reactions: AutumnWolf

DANTENDO

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If someone is gonna say pld a bit and it was boring then tht is a pretty pointless comment - they should at least say why and even how long they pld as what does a bit mean -bit of detail is what we want to hear otherwise the comment is yeh boring

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If someone is gonna say pld a bit and it was boring then tht is a pretty pointless comment - they should at least say why and even how long they pld as what does a bit mean -bit of detail is what we want to hear otherwise the comment is yeh boring
You have some odd approaches to the world. I don't know if it is genuine, a nasty case of fanboy or some fondness for being contrarian but it matters little.

How much can be fun. I think I was up around 80 hours of Skyrim by the end but actually did not earn a single shout (which also means I did not see a dragon beyond the opening thing which is hardly the same thing). Some would say that means I did not play the game but that seems odd to claim.

I would also not say such a comment is pointless. If something fails to capture me right away then that can speak to many things (not least of all I thought we worked out long ago that the first level in the game should be the last level you design and hopefully then the best, to say nothing of training you for the game and possibly giving you a taste of high level play), though I suppose it leaves the door open to them borrowing the controller from a friend for some late stage play and that boring them as we don't konw. The extent of this failed to capture me notion is also hard -- many times in reviews "it gets good 20 hours in" gets uttered and that I can't see as particularly positive, though it would be a massive positive for a tool I am using (if I could give a CAD program to the apprentice and have it click for them after 20 hours I would have a lab full of it). Other times it goes the other way and we see things of people that played about 8 hours of good stuff and then it went to shit... if 8 hours is a reasonable campaign length for some (moreover what if the story could plausibly end there) then what goes there? This also says nothing of secondary play, minigames and multiplayer but that is a slightly different topic.

Reasons why is nice to have but can also be hard to describe. To this day I have no idea why Monster Hunter bores me so much when on paper it is everything I want (monsters, crafting, exploration, combat I have to think about... if that is not a bit of me then I don't know what is). In that case I did try intros, mid game, late game, multiple entries in the franchise, savestates, cheats, guides, videos, just powering through it and every time I just fall asleep way before I got a chance to experience the thing plenty of others were all gushing over and lambasting companies for not bringing them out of Japan.

DANTENDO

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You have some odd approaches to the world. I don't know if it is genuine, a nasty case of fanboy or some fondness for being contrarian but it matters little.
No mate I'm one of the most normal people here who talks sense and I disagree mostly with only people who slag things off with no proper reasons

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Kinda late in the game to be starting on Bioshock Vita, but I'll take it!

Bioshock for Vita was actually announced, it likely got plugged once Irrational shut down.

I'm still hoping for the day a Alpha build of it appears on a Vita devkit

Reactions: wiired24

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No mate I'm one of the most normal people here who talks sense and I disagree mostly with only people who slag things off with no proper reasons
I suppose everybody is the hero of their own story.

I should be interested to hear what proper reasons might be.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I got the first, with the big daddy figurine. Played the game to it's conclusion, and found it not that fantastic.

I loved the ambiance, the story and the ominous Big Daddy eventually appearing.

The ending, though, killed it for me.

Even the upgrade system is meh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all