2gig MicroSD?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by ProjectVirtue, May 26, 2007.

1. ProjectVirtue
    OP

ProjectVirtue Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 23, 2007
    Canada
    with the upcoming release of the cyclo Evolution, i've been considering a 2gig microSD vs. 2 1gig microSD. the thing is, i plan to buy from console source and they only have kingston 1gig and 2 gig. I've been reading around and it seems that sandisk ultra II or the toshiba is recommended for 2 gig.
    So i'm wondering if kingston is actually alright. And if it isn't, where can i buy the right 2 gig card. that ships to canada. Preferabbly with some form of express shipping so i can get it ASAP. i'm starting to get a tad impatient =p

thanks

2. 4saken

4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Nov 28, 2006
    The Kingston is not as fast as most 1GB cards, but it is only slightly slower. The Toshiba 2GB supposedly does not hang in Castlevania: POR, and has incredible read/write speeds for a 2GB card (among the speed of 1GB)

EDIT: Sorry, I can't answer your question [​IMG]
    Does amazon/meritline/newegg ship to Canada?

3. ZeWarriorReturnz

ZeWarriorReturnz Banned

Banned
    May 10, 2007
    United States
    I know newegg doesn't. I think amazon ships world wide...

4. ProjectVirtue
    OP

ProjectVirtue Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 23, 2007
    Canada
    amazon doesn't seem to ship to canada. its just that, they seem so expensive too. at futureshop / bestbuy, they ask 100 CAD. on consolesource, its 60 CAD. and on newegg, amazon and stuff, its like...20 CAD.
    problem now is that, amazon doesn't sell the 2gig toshiba, they have 1 gig...so then maybe i should just get 2 1gigs instead? You say the kingston is only a little bit slower, would that effect castlevania? i'm not interesting in castlevania personally, but if it affects that game, who knows what other ones it might mess up. i just wanna be cautious cause i dont have much money, and i cant mess up T_T

5. 4saken

4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Nov 28, 2006
    Castlevania freezes. You should be fine for the majority of other games - maybe until a game comes out which requires high speed like Castlevania: POR does.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice