2GB MicroSD Ultra II

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by iza, Sep 11, 2006.

Sep 11, 2006

2GB MicroSD Ultra II by iza at 9:42 PM (1,172 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. iza
    OP

Member iza gbatemp, the new crack

United States
    Does anyone know if the Sandisk 2GB version of MicroSD has any problems (slowdown, ect.) with the m3L???
    I'm about to hit the buy button, but thought i would ask first.
    Thanks,
    Isaiah

2. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    I can tell you later and I'll update my impressions of the m3 lite as well in the other thread.....your topic is misleading because it says 2gb microsd ultra 2, there is no such thing. There is only a normal microsd non ultra speed that sandisk makes. But according to some other people testing on this board and others, the normal micro sd card handles like a champ on firmware 27a...so I don't expect my tests to show any different on the 2 gb sandisk card I have.

3. Raganook

Member Raganook Raganook

United States
    actually, verizon JUST started carrying Ultra II 2GB microsds, and I have one [​IMG]

4. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    interesting. It's about damn time. Hopefully this regular 2 gig is still good for something. Thanks for the heads up.

5. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    Just tested the 2 gig regular sandisk micro sd card, works perfectly the same as the 1 gig ultra card. Although the regular sandisk feels like cheaper material compared to the ultra II.

6. cornaljoe

Member cornaljoe GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Hmm.. I called like 6 Verizon Stores in my area and the people seem to have no clue what I'm looking for. I ask if they have the 2gb microsd in stock and they answer yes. I question them further asking if they have the Ultra II version as well, thats where things go horribly wrong. They put me on hold and then come back saying no, but I can tell they have no idea. Should I go to the store to check myself or believe them.

7. yee

Member yee DOTA 4EVER

Canada
    Regular Kingston, no slowdowns [​IMG]

8. Noobix

Member Noobix GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Well I read in another thread how the Verizon Ultra II 2GB were just a batch that were mislabelled by sandisk! [​IMG]

If you check (Even with Sandisk), you'll find that nowhere has the Ultra II 2GB. :'(

9. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    I have yet to validate Fifth's claim that they are wrongly badged vanilla sandisks. I have dropped by the verizon store and they told me there's no mistaking them and that only verizon stores should be carrying them. So who knows, gotta find some time to speak to sandisk HR.