2GB Micro SD

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by jhego, Mar 13, 2007.

Mar 13, 2007

2GB Micro SD by jhego at 4:54 AM (1,015 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. jhego
    OP

Newcomer jhego Member

United States
    I'm wondering if it's safe to use the 2GB cards? I see most of you guys are using just 1gb. Does it suffer slowdown or crashes with the 2gb?

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Castlevania PoR locks up randomly if you don't use a fast memory card, and none of the current 2GB cards are fast enough to prevent that. Pretty much every other game works fine with any memory card.

3. Philosophy

Newcomer Philosophy Advanced Member

United States
    A friend of mine just got an R4 DS and a 2gig Trancender (I think that's the name....) Micro SD. There was a bit of an issue with formating the card in the beginning but as far as actual use it was the same (so far, I only started a couple of games to make sure that it was working ok), so until he complains I'll say it works the same as a 1 gig. I only have a 1 gig card bcs it's cheaper to buy two 1gig cards right now than one 2 gig card at a lot of places.

4. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I use a 2gig Transcend in my R4DS.

While I never attempted to run Portrait of Ruin in it (I have the original cart), it has run EVERY game I've put in it so far without any problems at all. I currently have 43 games in it now.....all working perfectly.

No worries. All good.