2GB Micro SD

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by jhego, Mar 13, 2007.

1. jhego
    OP

jhego Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2007
    United States
    I'm wondering if it's safe to use the 2GB cards? I see most of you guys are using just 1gb. Does it suffer slowdown or crashes with the 2gb?

2. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    Castlevania PoR locks up randomly if you don't use a fast memory card, and none of the current 2GB cards are fast enough to prevent that. Pretty much every other game works fine with any memory card.

3. Philosophy

Philosophy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2006
    United States
    A friend of mine just got an R4 DS and a 2gig Trancender (I think that's the name....) Micro SD. There was a bit of an issue with formating the card in the beginning but as far as actual use it was the same (so far, I only started a couple of games to make sure that it was working ok), so until he complains I'll say it works the same as a 1 gig. I only have a 1 gig card bcs it's cheaper to buy two 1gig cards right now than one 2 gig card at a lot of places.

4. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

Former Staff
    Jan 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
    I use a 2gig Transcend in my R4DS.

While I never attempted to run Portrait of Ruin in it (I have the original cart), it has run EVERY game I've put in it so far without any problems at all. I currently have 43 games in it now.....all working perfectly.

No worries. All good.