Hacking 2DSaver OOT not detected by 2DSaver installer

BlackLucas50100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello I tried to save my 2ds in brick format with the 2dsaver but my 3ds containing 2DSaver installer does not detect my game and therefore does not work

My 3ds is 11.11

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Mhhm… is ntrboot not an option for you? Has so many benefits other than fixing 2DS stuck at 3D-test…

Rosalina injection for the newer 2DSaver should work – and if not – the problem can be solved with the help of GodMode9. (Like in this long thread which is still unfortunately not solved.) I mention this thread because of an important question. When you did that downgrade to 2.1 with on a 2DS (I assume this is why this happened) you should have created a NAND backup before the downgrade. Does this still exist? This would really help not to run into the same trouble.

Anyway:
  • I tried the 2DSaver_installer.3dsx on my test machine (fastboot3DS, Luma v10.0.1, Homebrew Launcher v2.1.0, firmware 11.11.0-43E) with European OOT inserted and was greeted with a disappointing “No OOT gamecard detected!
  • I tried the same on a N3DS on older firmware, no custom firmware with Soundhax as entrypoint and the cartridge was detected and I could install the hacked save – which seems to work but I have no suitable device for testing if it would do it’s job. That would take me some hours for preparations and would not help you.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I may have the answer - namely, from this thread which came up over here. Ancient, arcane knowledge. ;-)

Start Ocarina of Time and press L+down+select to open the Rosalina menu. Use "miscellaneus options" to make HB start from the current application and restart Ocarina of Time. The Homebrew Launcher will load and the installer should recognize the cartridge.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I may have the answer - namely, from this thread which came up over here. Ancient, arcane knowledge. ;-)

Start Ocarina of Time and press L+down+select to open the Rosalina menu. Use "miscellaneus options" to make HB start from the current application and restart Ocarina of Time. The Homebrew Launcher will load and the installer should recognize the cartridge.
Wow! Confirmed working. Good work!

=================
This still leaves the question about the old NAND backup. Even if 2DSaver succeeds the 2DS is far from being fully usable because online update will most likely fail.

@BlackLucas50100 If you get 2DSaver working and can unlock your 2DS the next step would be installing B9S to get full control over the system. Create a NAND image of the current status – even if it is suboptimal – before you trying anything like restoring an old backup (could be damaged) or CTRTransfer in any form.

1. Copy all your data from the SD to a computer. Reformat the SD to FAT32, 32kb cluster size, if bigger than 32GB and using Windows with guiformat.
  2. Check your SD Windows, Linux, OS X.
    • If you get any errors replace the SD.
    • If you get no errors copy your files back on the SD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.