2ds xl has a black screen but the light turns on, safety mode does work.

seraf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I recently bought this new 2ds xl second hand and it was broken already, first i thougt because the upper screen was broken so i replaced it and it still does not work.
I dont know if the previous owner has tried to homebrewed it, it does go into safety mode.

Can someone help me?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently bought this new 2ds xl second hand and it was broken already, first i thougt because the upper screen was broken so i replaced it and it still does not work.
I dont know if the previous owner has tried to homebrewed it, it does go into safety mode.

Can someone help me?
Did it come with an sd card? Was there any homebrew files on it?
Anyway, to check hold the "select" button on boot to access Luma3DS. and "start" on boot to access GodMode9. Do it with & without the sdcard being inserted.
If you can access either GodMode9 or Luma3DS then it's modded, and maybe you have an outdated Luma3DS version and it's easily fixed by updating it with the latest version.

Reactions: tfocosta

Bagel Le Stinky

the bagel bad smell
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know if this is the same issue but sometimes when I turn my 2ds on it's only a black screen with a backlight, when this happens I turn it on without the SD card in and then it turns on fine. After that, I just put the SD card back in and it's fine.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this is the same issue but sometimes when I turn my 2ds on it's only a black screen with a backlight, when this happens I turn it on without the SD card in
Probably you don't have Luma3DS installed on the ctrnand. Depending on what firmware you're on, you might have to do it manually, but if you're on the latest Luma3DS it does it for you when you first install/ update to it.

As for the black screen, It should show an Arm11 error instead of a black screen, but most likely you have the setting "disable Arm11 errors" enabled in Luma3ds Menu, and that's why it's shows only a black screen.
and then it turns on fine.
After you insert the sdcard, or just after booting it a second time (without the sd card)?

Bagel Le Stinky

the bagel bad smell
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Probably you don't have Luma3DS installed on the ctrnand. Depending on what firmware you're on, you might have to do it manually, but if you're on the latest Luma3DS it does it for you when you first install/ update to it.

As for the black screen, It should show an Arm11 error instead of a black screen, but most likely you have the setting "disable Arm11 errors" enabled in Luma3ds Menu, and that's why it's shows only a black screen.

After you insert the sdcard, or just after booting it a second time (without the sd card)?

I am pretty sure it's on the ctrnand, but I'm not sure as I'm not the one who modded it. And it boots fine after I insert the SD card, it only boots the black screen after not using the 2ds for a while.

seraf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did it come with an sd card? Was there any homebrew files on it?
Anyway, to check hold the "select" button on boot to access Luma3DS. and "start" on boot to access GodMode9. Do it with & without the sdcard being inserted.
If you can access either GodMode9 or Luma3DS then it's modded, and maybe you have an outdated Luma3DS version and it's easily fixed by updating it with the latest version.
it did not came with an sd card

Last edited by seraf,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name speaks true :P